What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Children/Teenage book about a girl who likes a guy - Dad sings "American Pie" at the end.

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 2 comments I read a book that I got from Primary School (around 2009). I cannot remember everything about it only the following certain parts:
Children/Teenage book about a girl - her Dad is a record producer (maybe?) and he sings "American Pie" at the end of the book. The girl sings "Free Fallin'" about halfway through, with her friends. At one point the girl and her friends put red fruit pastels on their tongue as part of a spell to make a boy like them. The pastel has to dissolve on their tongue - they can't eat it.
The cover of the book was pink and I believe it had a cartoon drawing of the main character.
I think the author was a woman.
I think the main characters parents had split up or were in the process of, and she might have had a brother?
There is also a girl at her school that she doesn't like because this girl is dating the boy the main character likes. The main character says this girl has a "sl*g line" because her orange foundation doesn't blend into her neck.
I think the title had the word "girls" or "girl" in it.

message 2: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 2 comments I got this book in the UK - not sure if the author was from the UK though.
Also, I think the guy the main character liked was in band, so her and her friends formed their own band to get his attention.