Hooked on Books discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive > February 2020

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hazel (last edited Feb 02, 2020 01:26AM) (new)

Hazel (hazelev93) Having trouble getting through your to read shelf? Can't decide what to read next? Would you like someone to choose a book for you to read? This is a monthly challenge where participants get paired up randomly and their partner picks a book for them to read. If this sounds like fun to you, welcome to this month's Pick It For Me challenge!

Sign ups end on the 24th. Partners will be assigned shortly thereafter. Book choices for your partners are to be given -on or before the 1st-. Please check back often during that time to be sure that you don't miss anything!

Guidelines
** Sign up below with your to-read shelf (or the shelf you prefer your picks to come from). Please do this so I will not have to guess which one.
* Please be sure that your profile is set to public, or that you friend your partner so that they can see your shelves.
- IF YOUR PROFILE IS NOT SET TO PUBLIC, PLEASE PROVIDE A LIST FOR YOUR PARTNER TO CHOOSE FROM

If you do not plan to participate or are unsure if you can pick a novel for your partner, PLEASE, PLEASE do not sign up. It is very difficult to re-pair individuals once we are underway.

After your partner selects a book for you, be sure and check back in each week or so to let us know your progress. Tell us if you like the book, love it or think it is just so-so.

Participants:

1. Ariel (msg 29) selects for Jessica (msg 33)

2. Carrie (msg 31) selects for Stephanie (msg 30)

3. Christine (msg 25) selects for Kat (msg 18)

4. Erina (msg 36) selects for Matilde (msg 24)

5. Heather (msg 19) selects for Kathy (msg 23)

6. Kelsi (msg 28) selects for Kaylee (msg 28)

7. Sam (msg 22) selects for Sara (msg 20)

and vice versa

message 4: by Sara (new)

Sara Wortman I'm in :] please choose from my to read list

message 8: by Kat (new)

Kat (bookworm2017) | 165 comments I'm in, choose from my library list

message 11: by Taya (new)

Taya Fosmire (bibliotaya) | 108 comments I’m in
Please use my pick it for me folder

message 12: by Heather (new)

Heather Flaigg | 48 comments I’m in pick from owner tbr please

message 13: by Hazel (new)

Hazel (hazelev93) Erina wrote: "Kaylee
On the Participants list you put my name wrong you put Erin instead of Erina"

I'm very sorry about that I will fix it now thank you!

message 14: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Tuell (booksloveme) | 200 comments Mod
I'm in! please try to pick from 2020 goals shelf: https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 15: by Hazel (new)

Hazel (hazelev93) Sign ups are now closed and partners have been selected please choose a book for your partner on or before the 1st of February.

message 16: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 1154 comments Kat-I pick The Night You Left The tense and shocking thriller that readers can’t put down by Emma Curtis

message 17: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Broyles | 516 comments Heather, for you I have picked Beautiful Ruins by Jess Walter . I've read it and loved it, hope you do too!

message 18: by Sam (new)

Sam  (sam222) | 67 comments Sara I pick for u The Troop by Nick Cutter , i freaking loved that book I recommend it to everyone. :D

message 19: by Kelsi (new)

Kelsi Vignola | 95 comments Kaylee, am I to pick a book from a particular list for you?

message 20: by Sara (last edited Jan 25, 2020 11:03AM) (new)

Sara Wortman Sam, I picked Little Heaven by Nick Cutter . Sounds like a very interesting book.

message 21: by Heather (new)

Heather Flaigg | 48 comments Kathy for you i pick
Jackaby
I might be adding this to my TBR!!
happy reading

message 22: by Kat (new)

Kat (bookworm2017) | 165 comments For Christine I choose The Good Liar by Catherine McKenzie

message 23: by Hazel (new)

Hazel (hazelev93) Kelsi wrote: "Kaylee, am I to pick a book from a particular list for you?"

Clicking my name in the partner list should link to my "to read" list, here it is for you https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

I choose ---Shadow of the Fox----- for you, I havn't read it but i've heard good things andit sounds very interesting.

message 24: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Broyles | 516 comments Heather wrote: "Kathy for you i pick
Jackaby
I might be adding this to my TBR!!
happy reading"

Thanks Heather! I'll get on it as soon as I'm finished with the one I'm reading.

message 25: by Kelsi (new)

Kelsi Vignola | 95 comments I pick Once Upon a River by Diane Setterfield for you, Kaylee.

message 26: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Chantelle (shanti15) | 184 comments Ariel, for you I pick Big Little Lies.

message 27: by Carrie (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) | 155 comments Stephanie,

For you: Angels & Demons (Robert Langdon, #1) by Dan Brown a 5 star for me, I hope you like it.

message 28: by Stephanie (last edited Jan 28, 2020 03:57PM) (new)

For Carrie i pick Spitfire (A Livy Nash Mystery #1) by M.L. Huie

message 29: by Stephanie (new)

Carrie wrote: "Stephanie,

For you: Angels & Demons (Robert Langdon, #1) by Dan Brown a 5 star for me, I hope you like it."

That has been on my list forever! I will read it as soon as i finish the i am working on now!

message 30: by Carrie (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) | 155 comments Stephanie wrote: "For Carrie i pick Spitfire (A Livy Nash Mystery #1) by M.L. Huie"

Thank you

message 31: by Hazel (new)

Hazel (hazelev93) I know, I'm giving until misnight my time today and then I'll be sorting it out for you and Jessica. Don't worry you will have your pick I shall make sure of it.

message 32: by matilde (new)

matilde (matiswonderland) I’n sorry Erina!

I pick: The Scarlet Letter for you! Hope you enjoy it

message 33: by Hazel (new)

Hazel (hazelev93) Jessica wrote: "Ariel, for you I pick Big Little Lies."

Jessica, Ariel doesn't seem to have gotten back to us about your book pick so I have chosen ...

--"You by Caroline Kepnes"-- so you have a pick for the month! It is one of my top 5 favourite books, didn't care for the follow up quite as much, hope you like it as much as I did and don't get too creeped out.

message 34: by Stephanie (last edited Feb 13, 2020 10:25PM) (new)

Carrie, you are welcome.

My library has a 4 week long waiting list for Angels and Demons. A friend thinks they may have it to lend me. But just in case i dont hear back frok that friend, would you mind picking abother book for me pls.

****update**** i was able to get a copy and have started the book!

message 35: by Carrie (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) | 155 comments I am glad you could get a copy.

message 36: by Stephanie (new)

So.....i just cant get into my book :( which bites. Im not giving up on it, just wont be able to finish it by the end of the month.

message 37: by Hazel (new)

Hazel (hazelev93) Stephanie wrote: "So.....i just cant get into my book :( which bites. Im not giving up on it, just wont be able to finish it by the end of the month."

I hope your book for next month is better! Suppose they can't all be masterpeices. I remember liking angels and demons but it's been a good few years and it's sort of a love it /hate it book by all accounts.

message 38: by Stephanie (new)

Im not giving up on it, it will just be the read that i read while i figure what to read next. Who knows, maybe i get hooked on it.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.