What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Fiction, about an estranged family who must repair their relationship after the dying matriarch leaves the company to both of the grandchildren

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laura (new)

Laura Neal | 1 comments Read the book in the early 2000's, but I know the book was published at least in the 90's. Jackie Collins type of novel. Began in the Black Forest in Germany with two sisters, one who eventually steals the man the other was due to marry, and essentially the life she would have had, they go on to create timber companies and move to america. Then fast forwards years and the two sisters are still estranged, the wronged one has died & their respective families do not talk. The still alive sister is dying - Naomi was the name I think - and to try & make amends, she leaves her late husbands timber company to her granddaughter, and her sisters granddaughter on the provision they work together. Her company is much more succesful than her late sisters was. The women are called Naomi and Anne I believe. Eventually history looks like it will repeat itself and that the family will forever be estranged. Set in the California/Nevada are with lots of mentions of Lake Tahoe. Please help

message 2: by Mai (new)

Mai | 1208 comments This one was pretty hard to find, even though you remembered many details!
Loyalties by Julie Ellis. It was published in 1989.

It came up searching "book" "timber company" "Naomi" "Anne". I'm pretty sure this is your book!

message 3: by Kris (last edited Mar 12, 2020 07:18AM) (new)

Kris | 34340 comments Mod
Mai's suggestion of Loyalties by Julie Ellis appears to match your description. Here's the description on Amazon:

"t's 1963, and Anne, a young woman from a small town in Georgia, has just received an incredible inheritance from her manipulative great-aunt: one half of Miller Timber, a huge, multimillion-dollar San Francisco lumber firm. But there's an insidious catch in Great-Aunt Naomi's will; the other half of Miller Timber is controlled by Felicia, the spoiled, jet-set cousin whom Anne has never met-until now. Can these two talented but very different women work together to heal a generations-old family rift?"

Google Books has a snippet search. You'll find these keywords in the book: black forest, germany, california, nevada timber, naomi, anne, granddaughter, etc.

https://books.google.ca/books?id=2ApN... There are different cover images.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Loyalties (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Julie Ellis (other topics)