World, Writing, Wealth discussion

The Lounge: Chat. Relax. Unwind. > Favourite Spectator Sport

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by W (new)

W Mine is gymnastics.

message 2: by Ella (new)

Ella Craig | 38 comments Rugby Union

message 3: by Nik (last edited Jan 15, 2020 01:07AM) (new)

Nik Krasno | 13426 comments Football (soccer) & boxing for me, but generally there are only a few sports that I don't like

message 4: by W (new)

W I used to watch tennis once,but then the dominance of Nadal,Federer and Djokovic bored me.

message 5: by Nik (last edited Jan 15, 2020 12:57AM) (new)

Nik Krasno | 13426 comments Wsm wrote: "I used to watch tennis once,but then the dominance of Nadal,Federer and Djokovic bored me."

Well, soon the first two will probably leave the stage for younger prodigies and join McEnroe, Connors, Becker (Boris, where is Boris?) & others in the hall of fame :)

message 6: by Denise (new)

Denise Baer American Football, namely the Chicago Bears.

message 7: by Nik (new)

Nik Krasno | 13426 comments And if we are already here anyway, is chess a sport or not for you?

message 8: by W (new)

W Not to watch,though I used to enjoy playing it.

message 9: by Marie (new)

Marie | 562 comments Favorite for me is: American football - Tampa Bay Buccaneers. I will watch other sports though. I have watched Golf, Motocross Racing, Tennis, and American Baseball depending on what teams are playing.

message 10: by Ian (new)

Ian Miller | 9466 comments In terms of sport, my TV puts in far more hours on cricket. Of course when a test runs for five days, this is easier to do.

message 11: by J.D. (new)

J.D. Cunegan (jdcunegan) | 60 comments Motorsports. NASCAR is my favorite, but I'll watch just about all of them. IndyCar, NHRA, sports car racing, Formula 1, dirt track racing... if it's got a motor and four tires, I'll watch it.

Hockey's pretty damn cool to watch, too.

message 12: by W (new)

W I have a love hate relationship with cricket. Used to watch a good deal of it,when I was a kid. Back then,it was the only thing on day time TV. But lately,I have lost interest. Too many commercials,make cricket irritating to watch.

message 13: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 5332 comments I used to watch competitive pool on TV years ago, even saw Minnesota Fats play, but pool's no longer televised. And I was a boxing fan many years ago, Ali was the best. Tyson was the worst. Not watching sports these days. I'd like a reason to watch sports again. Any suggestions to get me motivated?

message 14: by Leonie (new)

Leonie (leonierogers) | 1579 comments I've always enjoyed watching swimming, cricket, and horse sports (3 day event and dressage). Sometimes I like tennis, but it depends on the mood.

message 15: by W (new)

W As for boxing,I can no longer stand watching it.
Likewise for wrestling.

message 16: by Papaphilly (last edited Jan 20, 2020 08:50AM) (new)

Papaphilly | 2701 comments American Football. I do love both March madness and World Cup.

message 17: by Rita (new)

Rita Chapman | 152 comments Show jumping, but unfortunately there is very little TV coverage of this great sport in Australia nowadays.

message 18: by Lizzie (new)

Lizzie | 1622 comments I don't watch sports and don't generally have them available to me since I stream Netflix, Prime and Hulu. If they were all available to me, the only one I would voluntarily watch is ice hockey.

message 19: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 5332 comments Rita, I didn't know you were in Australia. Hope things are well with you and yours. Show jumping has always seemed to me a dangerous sport. Do you participate?

message 20: by Leonie (new)

Leonie (leonierogers) | 1579 comments Rita wrote: "Show jumping, but unfortunately there is very little TV coverage of this great sport in Australia nowadays."

I enjoy watching show jumping, too, Rita. Which part of Australia are you from?