Read With Jenna (Official) discussion

January: Dear Edward > Questions for Dear Edward author, Ann Napolitano

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenna (new)

Jenna Hager (jennabushhager) | 160 comments Mod
Leave a question for author Ann Napolitano for a chance to hear it answered during on Instagram live on the @ReadWithJenna Instagram account.

message 2: by Dinah (new)

Dinah Moore | 19 comments I’d really like to know if any characters on the plane were based on people she knows in real life. I’d also like for her to confirm whether or not the palm reader is Florida.

message 3: by Anne (new)

Anne | 4 comments What was your inspiration for this story?

message 4: by Jess (new)

Jess B. I know the writing of this book was influenced by a real plane crash with a sole survivor (a child). The letters from loved ones with the desperation, grief, and support for Edward crushed my soul at times. Did the survivor of the real-life crash receive many letters as Edward did? Did you speak with the survivor?

message 5: by Mollie Wright (new)

Mollie Wright (molliesbooknook) (molliesbooknook) | 2 comments It was so interesting to read the different perspectives of grief and guilt found among the families of the victims of flight 2977 - including Edward’s survival and how his aunt and uncle dealt with all of the media / letters surrounding Edward.
As an author, how do you prepare to write for this kind of psychological aspect and insight into such a powerful glimpse into these subjects?