Read With Jenna (Official) discussion

January: Dear Edward > Question of the Week (2)

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenna (new)

Jenna Hager (jennabushhager) | 174 comments Mod
What moment from the book will stick with you the longest?

message 2: by Jena (new)

Jena (jenaamariee) | 1 comments When Edward was in the garage with his uncle and his uncle was talking about worrying about Edward and suicide and Edward s says he knows what it's like to be left and wouldn't leave anyone. literally gave me chills!!

message 3: by Dinah (new)

Dinah Moore | 19 comments The most memorable moment in the book, for me, was when Uncle John finds Edward in the garage. The topic of suicide is brought up and Edward said he would never consider it because he knows what it feels like to be left alone. My heart just melted. I will never forget that response.
Another part of the book that I can’t stop thinking about is when Edward went to go meet the palm reader. I wondered if the fortune teller was Florida , reincarnated.

message 4: by Benjamin (new)

Benjamin Bass (benjaminwbass) The moment of clarity Edward has when he decides to help his principal and others with the money - that scene, for me, marks the moment that he truly moves forward from the tragedy.

message 5: by Donna (new)

Donna (donnanysyo) | 2 comments The scene at the crash site, depicted in the letter from Lyle, when he finds Edward and Edward keeps saying "I'm here. I'm here. I'm here." I read an advanced copy of this book in June of 2019 and I still think about Edward and those words.

message 6: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Lane (mbailey13) | 1 comments When Edward visits the memorial. That was so emotional for me to see him go back there after so long and just be in the moment.

message 7: by Noa (new)

Noa (nsing) | 2 comments Edward visiting the memorial.