Read With Jenna (Official) discussion

January: Dear Edward > Question of the Week (1)

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenna (new)

Jenna Hager (jennabushhager) | 158 comments Mod
In what ways can reading a tragic book actually help us find joy in our daily lives?

message 2: by Cindy (new)

Cindy A tragic story usually shows how people get through a bad event. Reading how people cope and help each other gives us strength in our daily lives.

message 3: by Dinah (new)

Dinah Moore | 19 comments I think that reading about other people’s tragedies can make us feel thankful and grateful for what we have in our lives. I mean, was your day really as awful as someone’s who lost both parents and their only sibling ?
Also, I think it’s inspiring to see how resilient and strong some people can be during tragedies. We can learn coping mechanism from people who have been through trauma and tragedies .

Kathleen T Whimple | 2 comments Reading a tragic story makes you realize how trivial your daily struggles really are. It can also be inspirational to watch someone go through this journey and come out the other side.

Annissa Joy Armstrong (annissajoyarmstrong) | 22 comments I believe that we can learn a lot from tragic events. It was great to see how Edward was broken but yet with the help of others, his life improved. It was also great to see how he helped the ones who had helped him.

message 6: by Melody (new)

Melody Welk | 1 comments Thank you for sharing this book with us. It was a wonderful book. Great book club choice. Fell in love with the story and enjoyed reading it.

message 7: by Gina (new)

Gina | 2 comments I truly enjoyed this book. I loved watching young Edward evolve and grow, very powerful story.

message 8: by Rita (last edited Jan 23, 2020 06:08AM) (new)

Rita | 4 comments I am enjoying this book. I find that I am thinking about how blessed I am as i read. We all have internal struggles, feelings of not being good enough and tough decisions we need to make, but mine now seem minimal to those in this book.

message 9: by Abhishek (new)

Abhishek Abraham (lucifer007) | 1 comments Jenna wrote: "In what ways can reading a tragic book actually help us find joy in our daily lives?"

It is another kind of feeling.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

help me how to read book

message 11: by Lena (new)

Lena Abu Hanna | 2 comments Anyone else who uses the Goodreads app suddenly getting video ad pop ups constantly while using it?

message 12: by Shawna (new)

Shawna Rodrigues (shawnathestoryteller) | 2 comments Perspective.
It can be so valuable to put your own life in perspective as well as gain knowledge about the perspectives of others that can help you navigate your life.

message 13: by Mary (new)

Mary Grodkiewicz | 2 comments Lena wrote: "Anyone else who uses the Goodreads app suddenly getting video ad pop ups constantly while using it?"

message 14: by Mary (new)

Mary Grodkiewicz | 2 comments Yes annoying

message 15: by Toni (new)

Toni Cannon | 2 comments I feel reading about tragedy can give us perspective. I really appreciate the relationship between Edward and Shay. It illustrates how in a strong relationship we lean on each other in times of hardship. Likewise, in the case of Aunt Lacy and Uncle John, they thought their marital problems were not seen outside the two of them until Edward mentions it. Sometimes knowing the 'secret' is out is the first step at fixing the problem. similar to the elephant in the room.