Beta Reader Group discussion

PAID services offered > Thorough, fast and affordable proof reading, editing and beta reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kate (last edited Jan 14, 2020 02:13AM) (new)

Kate Connor (kate_connor) | 1 comments Hi there!

I am new to Goodreads and to offering paid proof reading and editing services outside my usual forums, but I am an experienced proof reader, editor and beta reader.

I offer a thorough proof reading and editing service with a fast turnaround guaranteed - I can accommodate up to 40,000 words per day including weekends and I can be flexible to accommodate any last-minute needs.

I am British, but I have edited for many authors who write in US English (using the Chicago Manual of Style) with excellent results.

My service has three tiers, described below, so you can choose to add a line edit and/or a beta read to the baseline proof read. I offer a free, no obligation 2000 word edit, where I will clearly mark changes and comments that relate to each tier so you can make an informed decision.

For a price of $0.0015 per word I will read your manuscript thoroughly and provide tracked changes in a Word or Google Doc, correcting the following:
- Spelling errors
- Punctuation & grammar errors
- Tense issues
- Inconsistent names/pronouns

For an additional $0.0010 per word I will also provide what a line edit, with tracked changes, comments and suggestions covering:
- Word choice
- Sentence structure
- Internal consistency (e.g. descriptions and character traits)
- Passive voice
- Anything else that affects the readability of the manuscript

And for an additional $0.0010 per word (with or without the line edit) I can provide beta read comments. I am an experienced beta reader for romance, mystery and literary stories, and can provide reader reactions to plot, pace and characterisation. I usually provide comments in-line, but if you prefer end-of-chapter summaries or if you have specific questions you want me to answer, I can do that. I am willing to beta read for any genre, but given the importance of hitting the right tropes, beats etc. I am most confident beta reading for those genres mentioned above.

By way of example, a 60,000 word manuscript would cost $90 for a proof read, $150 for a proof & line edit or beta read and $210 for all three options.

If you are interested please check my calendar for availability and either PM me or email kcstoryedits@gmail.com to get started.

message 2: by Susan (new)

Susan | 19 comments Kate wrote: "Hi there!

I am new to Goodreads and to offering paid proof reading and editing services outside my usual forums, but I am an experienced proof reader, editor and beta reader.

I offer a thorough p..."

Dear Katy,

I can’t express how impressed I am by your thoroughness as a beta reader. I had you provide your proof/edit/beta service, and your professionalism as a copy editor is a shining attribute of the service you provided as you reviewed my manuscript.

You were timely and professional in your communications and the work you completed at my request has been invaluable to me. I’d like to add that it was also very reasonably priced considering how much improvement you’ve helped me make to my manuscript.

You were really able to see (and kindly point out) where I was trying to take the story. Though I hadn’t quite made it.

I will definitely reach out to you again for future projects.

Best,
Susan