Middle East/North African Lit discussion

2020- 2022 challenge > 10. Nominations for books from Iran

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 3: by Majdouline (new)

Majdouline | 32 comments I heard amazing reviews, I have just started it and I am already hooked !!!!!
Disoriental

message 5: by Richard (new)

Richard | 20 comments When They Broke Down The Door by Fatemeh Shams

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

I saw Fatemeh reading at last year’s Bradford Literature Festival and was really impressed with her poetry so I have brought this collection to read.

message 6: by Eileen (new)

Eileen (eileencolucci) | 75 comments I would like to suggest The Stationery Shop by Marjan Kamali.

message 7: by Niledaughter (new)

Niledaughter | 2793 comments Mod
Eileen wrote: "I would like to suggest The Stationery Shop by Marjan Kamali."

Thanks for the recommendation The Stationery Shop

message 8: by Kenza (new)

Kenza | 34 comments Those interested in Iranian literature can find in the Michigan Quarterly Review (magazine) the spring 2019 issue dedicated to Iran. There are about 340 pages with Iranian fiction, essay and poetry, the guest editor is Kathryn Babayan, a fantastic edition to discover new authors.

On the other hand, a request for help, if any of you know a blog (Arablit style) or a reading group dedicated to Iranian literature, I would appreciate the information.

message 9: by Niledaughter (last edited May 17, 2020 01:00PM) (new)

Kenza wrote: "Those interested in Iranian literature can find in the Michigan Quarterly Review (magazine) the spring 2019 issue dedicated to Iran. There are about 340 pages with Iranian fiction, essay and poetry..."

Thanks for sharing ! as for question, I only know this group, but it needs someone to volunteer to be a moderator.
https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/...

I was considering reading Touba and the Meaning of Night for this category but I am not sure when.

message 10: by Niledaughter (new)

In my first post I updated the list of the books we read from Iran

message 11: by Kenza (new)

Kenza | 34 comments Niledaughter wrote: "In my first post I updated the list of the books we read from Iran"

Thank you!

I loved Women Without Men: A Novel of Modern Iran, and so far is the only thing I read about Shahrnush Parsipur, but I'm looking forward to continue discovering his work, I'm going to take a look at Touba and the Meaning of Night.