Play Book Tag discussion

Homegoing
This topic is about Homegoing
Archive: Other Books > Homegoing

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Linda | 129 comments I enjoyed this book at the beginning. As I went along I got more confused as to who and how everyone was related. I found it enlightening as to some things that occured during the time periods covered. I gave it 3 stars.

Booknblues | 5743 comments Now that you began reviewing you will get the hang of it.

I loved of this book more you did.

Linda | 129 comments Booknblues wrote: "Now that you began reviewing you will get the hang of it.

I loved of this book more you did."

Hope I did it right in the right place.

Booknblues | 5743 comments Linda wrote: "Booknblues wrote: "Now that you began reviewing you will get the hang of it.

I loved of this book more you did."

Hope I did it right in the right place."

You did! Just the way you should do it!

message 5: by NancyJ (last edited Jan 13, 2020 09:35PM) (new) - added it

NancyJ (nancyjjj) | 5217 comments I got stuck in the middle of this book and it took me a long time to get back to it. I'm so glad I did because it's a very powerful book. Each chapter introduces a new character (in the other family or in the next generation), so it was hard to maintain a momentum. I really enjoyed the Africa chapters because those stories were less familiar to me. There was also a story about a pregnant free woman (in Baltimore maybe) who was kidnapped into slavery. It was absolutely heartbreaking.

message 6: by Joanne (last edited Jan 15, 2020 12:25PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Joanne (joabroda1) | 7448 comments I was another who enjoyed it probably more than you did. I became a little rattled myself with the time jumps, but got the hang of it by following the family tree closely.

Linda | 129 comments I agree that is was a very powerful book. I just had a hard time reading it and keeping track of who was who.