Ladies of Horror Fiction discussion

Let's Talk LOHF Books > Readathon for Women in Horror Month

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jen (LOHF/Book Den)  (delphyne) | 89 comments February is Women in Horror Month and the Ladies of Horror Fiction team is teaming up with Alex from the booktube channel Hey Little Thrifter to host another LOHF filled readathon.

All you have to do to join us is choose a book from one, any or all prompts and read the book(s) during the month of February (Women in Horror Month).

(You can also chat outside of Goodreads by using the hashtag #lohfreadathon.)

message 2: by megs_bookrack (new)

megs_bookrack | 11 comments I am currently reading three books for the readathon:

Blood Countess by Lana Popovic (YA/MG grade book)
The Dark Beneath the Ice by Amelinda Berube (book that has been on my TBR forever)
and
The Tenth Girl by Sara Faring (Group Book for the month and I would say, book with a great cover)

Would love to hear what others are picking up!

message 3: by Nai (new)

Nai (librosconte) | 4 comments I'm currently listening Labyrinth Lost for the prompt "WOC author" and I'm enjoying it so far :)
Happy reading, everyone!

message 4: by megs_bookrack (new)

megs_bookrack | 11 comments Nai wrote: "I'm currently listening Labyrinth Lost for the prompt "WOC author" and I'm enjoying it so far :)
Happy reading, everyone!"
That one does sound interesting! I hope you love it!

message 5: by Kerry (new)

Kerry (kerryebblack) | 92 comments I only read two this month, much to my disappointment. One was for the Read-along, Sara Faring's The Tenth Girl, which was not a quick reading experience for me. (Not sure that qualifies as Horror, though, but how could we know until we read it?) The other was Gemma Amor's novella, Dear Laura.

I hope you all had better luck than I did! :)

message 6: by Laurie (new)

Laurie   (barklesswagmore) | 505 comments I had a terrible month of reading. I only managed to finish one book and the others were all audio. I wish real life would calm down.

message 7: by megs_bookrack (new)

megs_bookrack | 11 comments I read five for the readathon: Blood Countess, The Dark Beneath the Ice, The Twisted Ones, The Tenth Girl and Into the Drowning Deep.

The Twisted Ones and Into the Drowning Deep were runaway favorites. Least favorite, The Tenth Girl.

message 8: by Tawana (new)

Tawana Watson (tawanakwatson) | 22 comments I am reading demonologist and Bram Stoker Dracula

message 9: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten McKenzie (kirstenmckenzieauthor) | 2 comments Tawana wrote: "I am reading demonologist and Bram Stoker Dracula"

I've never read the original Dracula. I've seen so many film versions, so reading the book is well overdue! And undoubtedly, the book will be better than all the big screen versions!

message 10: by Erin (new)

Erin (ems84) Some movies have a tough time staying true to the book and with Dracula, some versions get pretty close.