What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Summer People
This topic is about The Summer People
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Mystery/Horror? Short Story. An older couple staying in a cabin for the summer decide to stay longer but the locals become increasingly hostile to them [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Connor (new)

Connor Holman (disablingapollo) | 2 comments The story starts off fairly innocent with it being about an older couple staying in a family cabin near a friendly small town for a few weeks in the end of the summer. They decide to stay later than usual because they don’t feel like going back to the city and their children have grown and the husband is retired I think. As they days progress the locals become increasingly more agitated with their staying past the usual date (which I think might be Labor Day). The story ends with their car being sabotaged and the ominous implication that maybe the locals are going to kill them.

I read this in 2010-11 in a my sophomore English class in one our literature books.

message 3: by Connor (new)

Connor Holman (disablingapollo) | 2 comments Thanks I appreciate it. This has been bugging me for awhile

Justanotherbiblophile | 1767 comments You can mark the request as solved by clicking the 'edit' link next to the subject line / title, and then selecting one of the "Solved" folders. This will help save our moderators some time.

You should also change the subject line / title to start "SOLVED: [then your existing subject line/title of your post]" which helps people still find your request later.

Solved requests are almost as important as unsolved requests (eg, eg, so don't delete your info :D Otherwise it looks like this, which completely doesn't show how you generated *so* much interest for your book). The requests continue to exist in the archive, and people looking for your book end up on that page via search engine because of your description/keywords - which improves the whole world :)

message 5: by Alex (new)

Alex | 2 comments Nice