Writing Buddies discussion

Writing buddy required.

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mark (new)

Mark | 3 comments Writing buddy required:

Mark (uk)
Fiction, Non-fiction, essayist, want to be screenwriter.
markamonaghan@outlook.com

Primarily im looking for another writer to bounce ideas off and offer support to.

Very poor at keeping a writing schedule so being taken to task helps.

Fav authors, murakami, orwell, wodehouse, most journalistic writers.
Beckett, O'Casey, Heaney, Kavanagh, Linton Kwesi Johnson. Quite broad really.

In the slim possibility of a writer being local maybe meeting up for coffee and developing support.

message 2: by Mark (new)

Mark | 3 comments Forgot to add: I have had professional and newspaper articles published.

3 qualities: Patience, honesty and humour. If it's bad or doesnt work I can take it.

message 3: by Tom (new)

Tom Heeren | 31 comments Hello Mark!

Now I’m introducing myself and my writing genres.

My name is Tom from Wichita, Kansas and I write
• plays
• poetry,
• historical fiction,
• children’s picture books
• essays
• short fiction for children and adults

I’ve written several short stories for children but I’ve published three (one children’s Easter story, a historical fiction novel’s first chapter and some poetry).

My email address is thomasheeren@cox.net and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Tom

message 4: by Mark (new)

Mark | 3 comments Hi Tom,

That was a quick response, I have tried to write many years ago but would start things and no progress with them. I did Nanowrimo in 2018 and did a first 50,000 words (draft) and that was the catalyst for my writing to move forward.

I still have a multitude of ideas and when I get chance sit and write (mostly in long hand).

I aim to make 2020, more of a year of writing (and reading) so I thought asking for a buddy may be the catalyst on that journey.

Be good to have someone to discuss and comment on writing ideas and the writing process/ craft. I'll email you in due course.

Best regards

Mark

message 5: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Rooney | 1 comments Hey there, Tom! If you are still looking for a writing buddy - I recommend you to check https://thinkpreview.com this webpage. I will be happy to answer your questions if you have any.

Best regards

Brenda