Norwescon discussion

Sooner or Later Everything Falls Into the Sea
2020 P.K. Dick Nominees > Sooner or Later Everything Falls Into the Sea by Sarah Pinsker

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michael, NWC Goodreads Group Admin (new) - rated it 4 stars

Michael Hanscom (djwudi) | 137 comments Mod
Have you read this nominated work? Tell us what you thought!

message 2: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 7 comments I have to say I wouldn't vote for this book. The first several very short stories are excellent, but the longer ones, especially "Wind Will Rove" dragged. I loved the way "non-binary" people were integrated into the stories -- no announcements, occasionally not even obvious from the names until some relevant detail made it clear. The last story, "And then there were (n-1)" had an interesting premise, but the denouement was not entirely clear.
I wouldn't mind reading more of her work, but this was pretty uneven.

message 3: by Michael, NWC Goodreads Group Admin (new) - rated it 4 stars

Michael Hanscom (djwudi) | 137 comments Mod
Really enjoyed this collection. Hopeful themes, and music winds its way through nearly every story in neat ways.

Favorites include “Talking With Dead People”, “No Lonely Seafarer”, “Wind Will Rove”, “The Narwhal”, and “And Then There Were (N-One)”.

Leslie: I’m amused that some of the stories you mentioned as being less impactful for you were some of the ones that worked well for me. So it goes!

Shelley George | 23 comments All the stories were likable. And then I looked them over to write below and decided I LOVED so many of them. Fascinating ideas/thoughts.