Norwescon discussion

All Worlds are Real: Short Fictions
This topic is about All Worlds are Real
2020 P.K. Dick Nominees > All Worlds are Real by Susan Palwick

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michael, NWC Goodreads Group Admin (new) - rated it 3 stars

Michael Hanscom (djwudi) | 137 comments Mod
Have you read this nominated work? Tell us what you thought!

message 2: by Michael, NWC Goodreads Group Admin (new) - rated it 3 stars

Michael Hanscom (djwudi) | 137 comments Mod
Good collection of bittersweet and thoughtful short stories that often left me pausing to consider one before moving on to the next. Particular favorites are “Cucumber Gravy”, “Lucite”, “Homecoming”, “Remote Presence”, and “Recoveries”.

Shelley George | 23 comments Not my style.
Didn't grab my attention.

message 4: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 7 comments I LOVED this book, which is a really nice surprise, considering that after "Mending the Moon" (which I dragged through while waiting to get a copy of "All Worlds Are Real" I wasn't sure I'd ever want to read anything by Palwick again.
However the first couple of stories sucked me right in, and, with my not unusual caveat about a couple of the longer ones perhaps benefiting from some cutting, they kept me involved, & sometimes off-balance, through the book.
I liked the brief descriptions of inspiration for each story, and the fact that some of them required a pause to digest and get ready for the next curve ball.
This is my 4th of the challenge books (I have Velocity Weapon & am waiting for my library to reopen to get Little Animals) & I think my favorite.
Now I think I'll finish Doerr's The Shell Collector before proceeding to those 2.