The Cosy Bookish Corner discussion

General Chat > Being Different

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tanya, Founder & Moderator (last edited Jan 13, 2020 12:39PM) (new)

Tanya (tanya23510) | 432 comments Mod
I try to create a Safe Space here and I would like to think that anybody would feel Safe enough to share their experiences here.

Just wondering if anyone every really struggles with just being different? Whether it’s in a small or big way, I don’t think it matters, it still has an impact on you.

90% of the time, I love that I grew up bilingual and bicultural, I love that I don’t just follow the crowd and the trends, I love that I love books and talking about books over celebrity gossip (or at the moment royal gossip!!), I love that me and my fiancé have very serious discussions on how Avengers Endgame should have ended and how the final battle between Voldemort & Harry Potter was shockingly bad compared to the book...

But, there’s that 10% that creeps in every now and then, the weird looks when you use a “big” word, the awkward silences when you give an unpopular opinion (we’ll never really know what happened between Buckingham Palace and Harry & Meghan - let it GO people!!”) - and it just feels so exhausting and draining!

Ok, rant over - anybody else feel the same?

message 2: by Krishna (new)

Krishna | 7 comments Tanya wrote: "I try to create a Safe Space here and I would like to think that anybody would feel Safe enough to share their experiences here.

Just wondering if anyone every really struggles with just being dif..."

it is true! we should never be ashamed of who we are and people celebrate differences! (otherwise the world would have been too boring)

message 3: by Rumell (new)

Rumell Khan (rkrespectedmember) We're all the same ~ we're all the difference