Support for Indie Authors discussion

Marketing Tactics > Anyone used BookViral?

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Matthew (new)

Matthew Lightfoot | 25 comments They're a review and promotion site. From what I've read, you submit your book and they tell you whether it's been accepted for review. Sounds like most are, but the free review takes about 6 months or you can pay to 'fast track' it.

Has anyone used them and if so, did you get results?

message 2: by Anita (new)

Anita Dickason (anitadickason) | 65 comments I have used Book Viral for all four of my books. I have been more than satisfied with the results. I have established a list of steps that I now take when launching a new book. Sending the book to Book Viral is one of the first steps I implement.

message 3: by J.D. (new)

J.D. Cunegan (jdcunegan) | 239 comments I hadn't heard of Book Viral before; thanks for this. I'll have to check them out.

message 4: by Jude (new)

Jude Hayland | 34 comments I hadn't heard of them either - are they good for all genres?

message 5: by J.S. (new)

J.S. Jaeger (jsjaeger) | 72 comments Matthew wrote: "They're a review and promotion site. From what I've read, you submit your book and they tell you whether it's been accepted for review. Sounds like most are, but the free review takes about 6 month..."

I just looked them up. It looks like they no longer do free reviews, but they commit to reviewing the book within two weeks. It doesn't list a price, so I've reached out to them for that.

I'm glad to hear that others have had success with them. I'm going to check them out.

message 6: by Felix (new)

Felix Schrodinger | 138 comments Book Viral's charge for one book review is £150 for the basic service and £225 for the premium service but there may be a discount and reduced rate if you submit more than one book.

message 7: by Gail (new)

Gail Meath (goodreadscomgail_meath) | 189 comments I thank everyone for your comments. I had asked on another forum about BookViral...and whether they've had success with it for the lower cost (I cannot afford the higher price). Haven't heard back yet. I requested their service yesterday and they accepted my book. Before paying, I decided to check online about the 'reputation' of BookViral. I found an old thread (2014) Author Resource Round Table > Book Viral - which had lengthy posts regarding - BookViral accepts all books (even tho they say they are 'exclusive') and many on that forum were steering clear of them for fear it was a waste of money. A rep from BookViral did join the conversation in defense of their company and I was a bit impressed with his responses. I would love to try at least one of my books with them, yet I get nervous because, well, not made of money even for a cause I believe in! Has anyone had a more current experience with them?

message 8: by Gail (new)

Gail Meath (goodreadscomgail_meath) | 189 comments Sorry, the thread was here on GRs

message 9: by Gail (new)

Gail Meath (goodreadscomgail_meath) | 189 comments Oops...missed Anita's reply. Did you pay the Fast Track 1 (lower) or the higher one? It sounds like you had a good experience.

message 10: by Marc (new)

Marc J. | 65 comments any other free book review websites

message 11: by Gail (new)

Gail Meath (goodreadscomgail_meath) | 189 comments Has anyone heard of or used The Books Machine for promotions? Thanks!

Indie Author Book Reviews | 5 comments What genre is your book?

message 13: by Gail (new)

Gail Meath (goodreadscomgail_meath) | 189 comments Historical Romance (4 books; adventure-thriller, murder mystery, western, medieval).

Indie Author Book Reviews | 5 comments I’ve added your book The Perfect Sister to my to be read list. Looks intriguing.

message 15: by Gail (new)

Gail Meath (goodreadscomgail_meath) | 189 comments Thank you!

message 16: by Felix (new)

Felix Schrodinger | 138 comments Has anyone used them and if so, did you get results?

Just got the reviews back for three of my books from BookViral and am very pleased with them. It's clear that the reviewer has read the material and understood it; following which they have produced a review which is clear and concise if not, even, somewhat elegant.

message 17: by D. (new)

D. Thrush | 180 comments Felix wrote: "Has anyone used them and if so, did you get results?

Just got the reviews back for three of my books from BookViral and am very pleased with them. It's clear that the reviewer has read the materia..."

Congrats! How much is it in US dollars?

message 18: by Felix (new)

Felix Schrodinger | 138 comments Why don't you ask them?