Play Book Tag discussion

The Silent Patient
This topic is about The Silent Patient
January 2020: Thriller > Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Charlotte | 1493 comments The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides
4 stars

This book follows a psychotherapist through his life and his treatment of a patient. (view spoiler)

I gave it 4 stars because I struggled at the beginning and because it reminded me of another book. Also, the plot twist and everything that followed happened so quickly. I thought the book and writing were good, but definitely not my favorite ever.

message 2: by Anita (new) - added it

Anita Pomerantz | 6276 comments So glad you ended up happy with this one! It's gotten a lot of PR, but I keep seeing a lot of not-so-positive reviews of it. It sounds pretty interesting. I really want to look at your spoiler, but trying to remain self disciplined.

message 3: by Joi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joi (missjoious) | 3782 comments I feel like there are becoming some 'psychological thriller tropes' that are emerging, and I'm getting tired of already. Maybe it's just reading a lot in one genre.

I loved this, and read it before the book in your spoiler- so maybe that's a contributing factor.

KateNZ | 2211 comments I liked this one - it’s not perfect but it’s a good premise and it was pretty well written