The Sword and Laser discussion

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Trike (new)

Trike | 8146 comments The trailer for Morbius dropped this morning.

https://youtu.be/wPweUiiOhVA

For those unaware, Dr. Michael Morbius is a Marvel character who becomes a pseudo-vampire when his attempts to cure his blood disease go a bit wrong. He’s originally a Spider-man villain who later became an anti-hero, which is why this is a Sony movie and not a Disney one.

That said, the deal Sony and Disney worked out is clearly in full force here because we get a glimpse of a Spider-man picture with the graffiti “murderer” spray-painted across it, an allusion to the credits scene from last year’s Spider-Man: Far From Home. But even more significantly, we see (view spoiler) That makes this a true crossover.

I wonder if they’ll fold Venom and Blade into this movie too? Venom is a Sony flick while Blade is a Disney property, but this looks like they’re seriously cooperating for these films.

message 2: by Phillip (new)

Phillip Murrell | 286 comments I dig it.

message 3: by Tamahome (new)

Tamahome | 6089 comments Damn. I thought it was called "Moebius".

message 4: by Rick (last edited Jan 14, 2020 09:30AM) (new)

Rick | 2775 comments Kind of... meh.

"A tortured, but hunky guy with long hair. Needs to take a Big Chance Or Else. Pretty Woman worries about him. He does Something Dark and... now he's a Hunky Tortured Guy with great abs and a Dark Secret He Must Hide."

The thing is practically TV Tropes Bingo.

message 5: by Tamahome (new)

Tamahome | 6089 comments I guess Jared Leto wasn't happy with DC after his role as the Joker in Suicide Squad.