Mount TBR 2020 discussion

Mt. Ararat (48 books) > Emily climbs a mountain for the first time!

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emily (new)

Emily Dixon  | 1 comments Hi everyone! This is my first post in a group from the goodreads app so I hope I’m doing it right! I’ve found myself in a bit of a sudden budget situation and 2020 is going to have to be a year of mega ultra super saving money, so I’ve decided to make a challenge of it and enjoy reading through the physical books I’ve spent years accumulating across my flat and boxes at my parents house. I picked 48 as a fairly random number but I read a lot so hope it will be doable, this should motivate me to see this year as an opportunity to appreciate what I have and get enjoyment out of not being able to buy new things! Apart from the odd cheap kindle book I’m gonna try to do a complete book buying ban. Let me know if you guys who’ve done it before have any tips that would be useful to know!

message 2: by Pamela (new)

Pamela | 81 comments Welcome Emily, and good luck with your challenge. A good way to get free books is from the library. For me the library is a distraction from the books I already own, but it could be a good way for you to supplement when feeling the need for something different. Happy reading!

message 3: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Welcome Emily, best of luck resisting the book temptation. I am trying to limit myself this year also. However, in April when my library has the book sale I will be in trouble. Everything that fits in a paper grocery bag is 4 dollars. It's why I have such a big TBR situtation (1200+ books).