CPL's Book Quest: The Challenge discussion

2020 Weekly Threads > Week 2 - Congratulations to Our 2019 Winners

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joanna (new)

Joanna | 698 comments Mod
Congratulations to all the winners of the 2019 Book Quest: The Challenge!

- Pamela is our Grand Prize winner
- Arlice is our staff winner
- Lonna is our Take It or Leave It champion! She completed 82 of the mini challenges.

Congratulations, everyone!

What is everyone reading this week? Are you loving it? Hating it? Just liking it? I finished Kingdom of Ruins at the end of last week and absolutely loved it. If I could live in that book, I would. She created a world where everything is alive and has agency and it just pulls at me. I'd love to live in a world where I could communicate with the ocean. Now, instead of working on my tbr, I’m rereading one of my old favorites, Crown Duel. After that, I promise I'll get back on my reading goal.

Tell us what you are reading this week!

Kingdom of Ruins by D.C. Marino Crown Duel (Crown & Court #1-2) by Sherwood Smith

message 2: by Ann (new)

Ann (ann-fracturedfiction) | 447 comments I finished reading the Huntress by Kate Quinn and am now reading Hidden Figures, after a brief binge of graphic novels this weekend.

The Huntress by Kate Quinn Hidden Figures by Margot Lee Shetterly Jessica Jones Alias, Vol. 3 (Jessica Jones Alias, #3) by Brian Michael Bendis Jessica Jones Alias, Vol. 4 by Brian Michael Bendis Jessica Jones Blind Spot by Kelly Thompson

message 3: by Stacy (last edited Jan 13, 2020 10:05AM) (new)

Stacy | 23 comments I'm currently reading:
Doctor Zhivago by Boris Pasternak

message 4: by Lyn (new)

Lyn | 46 comments Congratulations to the winners
this week I have finished where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
and The Kitchen House by Kathleen Grissom.
started The Wives by Tarryn Fisher

message 5: by Arlice (new)

Arlice M | 85 comments Congratulations to all the winners!!!!
This week I am reading Children of Virtue and Vengeance by Tomi Adeyemi and Reaper by Larissa Ione.

Children of Virtue and Vengeance (Legacy of Orïsha, #2) by Tomi Adeyemi Reaper (Demonica Underworld, #9; Demonica, #19) by Larissa Ione

message 6: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 14, 2020 11:46AM) (new)

Congratulations! What a great way to start out the New Year! I just finished "After the End" by James Patterson (online edition).

message 7: by Ingrid (new)

Ingrid Hurst (bookrdr) | 279 comments I am listening to The Institute by Stephen King and reading the This Man series by Jodi Malpas

message 8: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Thorlton | 24 comments I'm reading A Map of Days. I like it, but it's been too long since I read the previous books so I'm a little lost and am having a hard time getting into it.

message 9: by Joanna (new)

Joanna | 698 comments Mod
Elizabeth wrote: "I'm reading A Map of Days. I like it, but it's been too long since I read the previous books so I'm a little lost and am having a hard time getting into it."

I've come to the conclusion that any sequel books need a recap in the front to help those of us who waited too long between reads (or if it's been a year or more since the last book came out).

message 10: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Thorlton | 24 comments Joanna wrote: "Elizabeth wrote: "I'm reading A Map of Days. I like it, but it's been too long since I read the previous books so I'm a little lost and am having a hard time getting into it."

I've come to the con..."

Absolutely! I know they weave pertinent details into the narrative, but I need the spark notes recap of key characters and moments.