English 9- Period 4 (19-20) discussion

SSR LOG #8

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mrs. Fuentes (new)

Mrs. Fuentes (mrsfuentes) How would you get your friend to read this book? Tell me what you would say.

Example:
I would tell my friend, "Hey, you have to read this book! Oprah recommended it and I'd listen to her because she's Oprah and she has her own book club! The book is SUPER interesting because..."

message 2: by Angel (last edited Jan 13, 2020 12:07PM) (new)

Angel Estrada | 7 comments I would tell him that there may be some parts that you can relate to if you look hard enough. Or maybe even something that you have done in the past can be in the book.

message 3: by Ana (new)

Ana | 8 comments I would get my friend to read the book by telling them the plot of the book and the overall interesting facts about it. I would choose a friend that I know likes the overall theme of the book.

message 4: by Marcos (last edited Jan 13, 2020 01:33PM) (new)

Marcos | 6 comments tell them that the book is better than the movie and that it gives you more intensity than the movie plus more details, on charters day plans.

message 5: by Kevin (last edited Jan 13, 2020 12:05PM) (new)

Kevin Ramos | 10 comments hey, you should read this book named Always Running it's about how life was for this person and its a really realistic novel about street gangs and how the life was around them. it affected lots of kids during that time to be raised around violence and its some messed up stuff if you are interested in that you should read this novel.

message 6: by Latoya (new)

Latoya | 9 comments I would tell my friend, "Hey, you have to read this book! Oprah recommended it and I'd listen to her because she's Oprah and she has her own book club! The book is SUPER interesting because..."

Well, this book is really interesting because I love how they are teaching the kids at camp green lake when boys do something bad all they have to do is go to camp green lake and they will make them not do anything bad ever again.

message 7: by Darwin (new)

Darwin | 7 comments I would tell them, "Bruv, this book is interesting as you can tell because I'm recommending the book to you and because I rarely talk about books to other people. the book is just different from other books I've read and it's not even that complicated to understand."

message 8: by Dalia (new)

Dalia | 8 comments hey, have you read this book called the lovely bones. it's a very good book. if you want to read it it is in ms. Fuentes classroom. this book is super interesting because it about a girl that passes away but her family gets a call from heaven from her.

message 9: by Luis (new)

Luis | 9 comments I would tell my friend, ¨Hey have you heard of the movie Holes, did you know that it has its own book! If you liked the movie you would love the book it is just like the movie but it gives even more detail about Stanley's situation. The book is so good that it is a #1 New York Times Bestseller. The book is super interesting and has some comedy in it, I would recommend you to read the book when you have time.¨

message 10: by Hector (new)

Hector | 3 comments The way I would convince my friends to read this book is by reading the book is reading in front of them. They will get suspicious and ask what book I'm reading or maybe they already heard about it. Then ill tell them about the book and recommend it.

message 11: by Paulo (new)

Paulo Santamaria | 5 comments Porque el libro tiene una buena trama o nos interesa y nos gusta de lo que trata ese libro, por eso recomendamos un libro por lo que nos gusto de el

message 12: by Antonio (new)

Antonio | 9 comments I would get my friend to read this book by saying explaining what type of book it is like genre. Some of my friends could also relate to the character of this book so I would recommend it.m

message 13: by Jorge (new)

Jorge | 10 comments I would tell my friend, " Hey, this book is awesome because it is based on crazy and psycho people that have miserable lives and is so entertaining. You could use this to your advantage since you want to be a psychologist."

message 14: by Derek (new)

Derek | 9 comments I saw this book in a movie is also so interesting because this kid his name is Stanley he is pouring and he stole a pared of sneakers the were donated to the poor kids the life in a wear house. He got caught by the police so he had to go to court so after he had to go to a camp you have to dig holes all day into you pay what you hade to do.

message 15: by Xavier (new)

Xavier Lozano | 4 comments I would tell my friend to read this book the book is really open About the Gangs in LA. It would be reccomended because it show how many people strugle and have to join gangs. It's very interasting because many people have really bad life problems they deal with.

message 16: by Chris (new)

Chris | 10 comments I would tell them the book is very interesting. Then I would tell them they would have to read in college anyways. It would be real easy.