English 9- Period 3 (19-20) discussion

SSR LOG #8

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mrs. Fuentes (new)

Mrs. Fuentes (mrsfuentes) How would you get your friend to read this book? Tell me what you would say.

Example:
I would tell my friend, "Hey, you have to read this book! Oprah recommended it and I'd listen to her because she's Oprah and she has her own book club! The book is SUPER interesting because..."

message 2: by Angel (last edited Jan 13, 2020 11:06AM) (new)

Angel | 4 comments If I wanted to get someone to read this book, I'd say, "Hey! Have you read Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone? This book is REALLY popular; I can't believe you haven't read it yet! Trust me, if almost more than half the population enjoys this book, you will too".

message 3: by Alejandro (last edited Jan 13, 2020 11:05AM) (new)

Alejandro Contreras  | 11 comments This book is basically the real-life version of gang movies. The author tells interesting stories that make you want to keep reading. He makes you want to know whats gonna be his next journey in his "Vida Loca". The book overall is a fun read. Always Running will keep you always reading.

message 4: by Ricardo (last edited Jan 13, 2020 11:05AM) (new)

Ricardo Viorato | 6 comments If I wanted my friend to read this book I would tell them, "Yoo you need to read this book called "Always Running" it's really interesting, it's about gang life in LA that involves a lot of Mexican American culture that there are many relatable parts on the story. I really suggest reading this book it's very climactic and a lot of drama that you will enjoy."

message 5: by Gustavo (last edited Jan 13, 2020 11:05AM) (new)

Gustavo | 10 comments I would tell him what the genre of the book is and explain interesting parts that are in the book and that might catch his eye. I would say "This book "The Crucible by Arthur Miller" talks about a lot of things but it mainly focuses on The Salem Witch Trails which concluded a lot of people getting accused of doing black magic in the village which ultimately got some of the people jailed or hung."

message 6: by Giovannie (last edited Jan 13, 2020 11:05AM) (new)

Giovannie | 9 comments I would say"Hey have you ever read the book called "me talk pretty one day"It is about this girl who tells her experience through out school in which every student can relate.No, well I recommend to take your time and read this whole book.I Wouldnt say such a thing if I'm being honest.I got this book at the teacher's shelf. Which she is an English teacher and she knows her reading. It must be a good book if it is on the shelf.

message 7: by Magdalena (new)

Magdalena | 5 comments Something that I would tell my friend is, "Hey, so I've been reading this book for a while", it's called MIDDLESEX the book is interesting and cool because it takes about how a girl named "Calliope" is not like other girls and I felt like you should read it.

message 8: by theresa (new)

theresa (louwinsilk) | 11 comments I would tell my friend, ''Are you interested in true stories? If you are, I think you'd like this one. This one actually used to be a simple journal that a poor mother living in the slums would write in. It's been edited and revised for errors and what-not, and I believe it's really interesting. You should pick it up one day. It's called Child of The Dark: The Diary of Carolina Maria de Jesus''.

message 9: by Alfonso (new)

Alfonso Valdovinos | 10 comments I would say, "I found this one book called Bless Me Ultima. it's about this one lady called ultima or grande she is this kinda witch that knows the future about someone.

message 10: by Antonio (new)

Antonio | 9 comments I would tell them to read of mice and men by john Steinbeck because it could relate to a lot of things and how they describe every detail from the book like if we're able to see it while reading.

message 11: by Melanie (new)

Melanie | 8 comments I would tell my friend , "you have to read this book is everyone hanging out without me? it is pretty good , it is super interesting and fun because it tells the story about a chubby little girl that everyone bullied that now is a strong and independent woman"

message 12: by Cris (new)

Cris Loya | 7 comments How would I get my friend to read Anne frank I would tell her the history and whats it is about

message 13: by Cesar (new)

Cesar | 10 comments I would tell them "have you read the boy in the striped pajamas It's about a 9-year-old who moves to a house and meets a kid that is a jew if you're into books about the world war II you will love this book