Books, Brews & Bros in the Upstate discussion

Bros, it's a new year!

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kris (new)

Kris Lacer | 9 comments Mod
Hey Bros,

The hustle and bustle of the holidays are over and I say we give this book club another shot. I am definitely willing if y'all are. Let's figure out a date that works for everyone and just do it. I have long read Gatsby if we want to go ahead and stick with that one.

Additionally, I think if we could broadcast this on social media it would get a pretty good following. I also may have a couple of other guys that would be interested. If we can get together, that can be a topic of discussion.

Lastly, my wife pretends to be interested in the books that I read, as do I of hers. It would be great to get together and talk about these books with like-minded dudes, as I'm sure you all would agree.

Cheers,
Kris

message 2: by Aaron (new)

Aaron | 5 comments Mod
Hey guys! I'm totally in - would love to give this another shot! I don't have social but feel free Kris to put this out there, I think a lot of folks would be interested.

Definitely still interested.

I'm reading The Illiad this month - could be our first book?

message 3: by Kris (new)

I don't have social media either...but we can surely find someone in the group with a Facebook or something.

I can do The Iliad - I say we make a tentative date for early February and see how many folks can make it. We can adjust fire from there if we need to.

Now that we've made it through the holidays, I am available pretty much everyday of the week after 6-6:30pm, as well as most Saturdays after 2ish.

What say you?

message 4: by Matthew (new)

Matthew Meekins | 2 comments Hey fellas! Thanks for the invite.

Early February would work for me. And the Iliad sounds great.

message 5: by Aaron (new)

Aaron | 5 comments Mod
How does Feb 16th, Sunday night work for you guys? Give us about a month to get behind the Illiad

message 6: by Kris (new)

That works for me!

message 7: by Matthew (new)

Matthew Meekins | 2 comments Should be fine for me.

message 8: by Kris (new)

Time and place?

message 9: by Aaron (new)

Aaron | 5 comments Mod
Let's say 7. Before we pick a place, let's figure out where everyone is in the Upstate.

I'm in Simpsonville, but Greenville is no issue for me to get to.

message 10: by Kris (new)

I’m in Simpsonville and Matthew is in Ft Inn.

message 11: by Kris (new)

Hey guys, just checking into see if we are still planning to meet on the 16th. I am still in if you guys are.

message 12: by Aaron (new)

Aaron | 5 comments Mod
Fellas - I apologize, I've dropped the ball here. My ambition to start a men's book club and the reality of my schedule just don't align. I really want to do this, but we're expecting our 4th child in just a couple of months and this year has turned out to be busier than I expected.

I've made Kris moderator here as well - Kris I'll letyou take it away. If you guys are still meeting after our little one is born, I'd love to jump in!

Either way, look forward to seeing all that you guys are reading on GR!