GOOD REVIEWS discussion

Inspirational > Seeking Amazon reviews

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Leslie (new)

Leslie Garland | 81 comments I am currently looking for Amazon reviews for two of my ‘Tales’.

One is already a Goodreads favourite – The Bat, and the other is a new release – The Blue Horse.

The blurbs are:
The Bat (The Red Grouse Tales) by Leslie Garland The Bat; a coming of age story involving a search after truth, doubt and a bat!

What is true? What is truth?

An old and now sceptical Thomas looks back on the events of his last term at school when his class returned to a new beautiful class teacher, a donation of stuffed animals and birds by an eccentric benefactor and the increasingly strange events which followed. Zoological specimens appeared to be not quite as dead as they looked. A bell-jar which had contained a stuffed bat shattered during an exorcism. Strange events then turned to being sinister and frightening.

As a then naive young Thomas searched for the truth, he found himself, questioning ‘good and evil’, realising that his task was not as simple and straightforward as he would have wished and in so doing loosing his innocence and having to accept that belief may have as much to do with truth as do facts.

An adult, speculative, spiritual and philosophical coming of age story.

(Warning to sensitive readers; the story is an adult one and so does contain references to sex)

The Blue Horse (The Red Grouse Tales) by Leslie Garland The Blue Horse - a tale about time.

A strangely dressed clergyman, wearing a pair of designer sunglasses, asks Peter for a lift to the Cathedral. And so starts four very strange and revelatory days of philosophical discussion on life and death, the nature of time and eternity, and resurrection. Desperately trying to understand, Peter is swept along from one situation to the next until finally he grasps what this strange and enigmatic man has been trying to explain to him.

A Red Grouse Tale which will keep you hooked and leave you with a lump in your throat.

Goodreads; https://www.goodreads.com/auth…/show/...
Amazon; https://www.amazon.co.uk/s

Anyone interested in reviewing either or both, please get in touch for a free file.

message 2: by J.J. (new)

J.J. Michael (goodreadscomjjmichael) | 13 comments Hi Leslie,
My name is JJ Michael and I am an author. My book, Path to Truth: A Spiritual Memoir, was released by Amazon on January 23, 2020. It’s not only about my personal spiritual journey but also the lessons, metaphysical/esoteric knowledge, people I encountered and the many places I visited. I would like to offer that we review each others’ books. I am willing to purchase your ebook because verified buyers are better on Amazon. Let me know if you are interested. Thanks. JJ

message 3: by Leslie (new)

Leslie Garland | 81 comments J.J. wrote: "Hi Leslie,
My name is JJ Michael and I am an author. My book, Path to Truth: A Spiritual Memoir, was released by Amazon on January 23, 2020. It’s not only about my personal spiritual journey but al..."

Thanks for the offer JJ, but I don't do review swaps.

Amazon has an uncanny knack at locating these and when it does focus is brought to bear on on one's other reviews. Amazon acts as judge and jury and there is no appeal! Having lost a few genuine reviews for no good reason, I don't wish to give them any excuse to go looking at those that are still there.

Thanks for the offer, trust you understand and good luck with your book.

Leslie

message 4: by J.J. (new)

J.J. Michael (goodreadscomjjmichael) | 13 comments Hi Leslie, I didn’t know this. Thanks, for the heads up. Wish you the best.