2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #2 discussion

Playing Dead (Prison Break Trilogy, #3)
This topic is about Playing Dead
Playing Dead > Question I

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 6016 comments Mod
When Oliver’s car is found in the river, Matt helps with the recovery as he’s also a trained forensic diver. He shared lots of forensic information about what happens to a body underwater. Did you learn anything? Was it interesting or information you could have done without?

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1600 comments I learned a lot, but I really didn't need to know any of it.

I have to confess, this was fascinating. Forensics is one of my interests and I’ve long wondered what happens to a body underwater. I was stunned to find it here and was grateful. Yes, I was highly interested and learned a lot.

Melissa (melissasd) | 673 comments Since I work in the EMS field most of the information was already familiar to me, but it was nice that she explained it.

Did she get it right, Melissa? How gruesome is a body that’s been underwater for some time?

Melissa (melissasd) | 673 comments It depends on the water temperature. I have seen some pretty bloated bodies, but there was one that looked quite normal. He was a young handsome guy who had wrecked his truck in the river and got stuck under the truck. They found him after 3 days (lots of rain and strong current) and the cold water had kept him pretty preserved. I have been lucky that most water rescues around here are quick and we don't have many fish in our rivers.

I’ll bet you have a ton of interesting stories, Melissa.

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 769 comments I don't have any practical experience, I'm glad to say, but I do know that decomposition and creatures start almost immediately.

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 829 comments I really like when there is explanation for something that I don't have any knowledge and always wondered about. I found this really interesting.