Support for Indie Authors discussion

Marketing Tactics > Amazon Author Central Visibility

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Matthew (new)

Matthew Lightfoot | 25 comments My author central page is visible on Amazon.co.uk, but not on Amazon.com. Do you need separate Author pages per Amazon store or is there a way to make your author page visible in all stores?

message 2: by Ross (new)

Ross Eberle Hi there!

I use Amazon.com, but I'm not sure if you need separate Author pages per Amazon store site. From what you said, it kind-of sounds like you do. If you want, you can find out from them.

They have a customer service ticket system you can use.

message 3: by Gail (new)

Gail Meath (goodreadscomgail_meath) | 237 comments Hi Matthew, I have amazon.us and after reading your post, I did look it up and my author page wasn't on amazon.co.uk. I was able to create one and did.

message 4: by James (new)

James Corkill | 12 comments I had to do the same as you, Gail. Post on each international Amazon site.

message 5: by Rita (new)

Rita Chapman | 24 comments Yes, it's really annoying but you have to add to each site. Not easy when it is not in English!

message 6: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Beverly (writesistah) | 54 comments Rita wrote: "Yes, it's really annoying but you have to add to each site. Not easy when it is not in English!"

There is a button you can click that translates it for you.

message 7: by Rita (new)

Rita Chapman | 24 comments Yes, I think it's a recent addition.

message 8: by Wanjiru (new)

Wanjiru Warama (wanjiruwarama) | 204 comments Yes, you need to make an author page for every market. It's a challenge, but they provide translations.

message 9: by Matthew (new)

Matthew Lightfoot | 25 comments Update to this- I've now added my Author Central page on Amazon.com and co.uk, but couldnt work out how to do it for the Australia Amazon. Turns out not all Amazon sites support Author central. I believe the only ones which do currently are UK, US, France, Germany and Japan.

message 10: by Sherri (new)

Sherri Moorer (sherrithewriter) | 82 comments Rita wrote: "Yes, it's really annoying but you have to add to each site. Not easy when it is not in English!"
That's the truth! Oh my goodness, you should have seen me trying to set up the profile for Japan! Google translate helped with France and Germany, but Japan! I pray I remembered the process and did it right.