Play Book Tag discussion

Lost Light (Harry Bosch, #9; Harry Bosch Universe, #11)
This topic is about Lost Light
January 2020: Thriller > [poll ballot]Lost Light by Michael Connelly, 3 stars

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by NancyJ (last edited Jan 13, 2020 03:02AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

NancyJ (nancyjjj) | 5006 comments This is an older book in the popular Harry Bosch series, and it's one of the few (as far as I can tell) that directly involved Hollywood studios. Harry recently left the LAPD, and he's working an old case on his own. A Hollywood movie studio was making a movie about a 2 million dollar heist, and they decided they needed real cash to get realistic shots of actors rolling around in it. So they got a delivery of 2 million dollars in cash from the bank. Word got out and there was a robbery and shoot out. Other murders and injuries are linked and the story goes in a lot of different directions.

I really enjoyed reading the book, the relationships between the cops and family members, and the background stories. But there were many little things about the case that just didn't make a lot of sense to me. (Based on my extensive knowledge of police procedure based on reading books and watching TV. LOL) It particularly bothered me that there wasn't a stronger reaction and investigation after two of the detectives on the original case were shot (one dead, one paralyzed for life). But no matter. It's a great read. I didn't think I had read any of Connelly's Bosch series, but the character felt so familiar to me, I figure I must have read some in the 90's. Or maybe it's because many cops in crime books have similar personality traits and issues with authority figures. And they spend as much time fighting the brass as they do working the cases.

message 2: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6300 comments "Based on my extensive knowledge of police procedure based on reading books and watching TV. LOL"

This line cracked me up! I swear I tend to think I'm an expert on so many things . . .and then I roll my own eyes at my own self. Especially when my husband watches a medical television show and tells me the many, many details that are ridiculous (he's a dr.).

I read one of the Bosch books. They are so popular, but not really my genre I guess.