What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Sci fi book or short story set in the future where the protagonist is obsessed with 1970s rock music

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Steven (new)

Steven Sapir | 18 comments It’s the only thing I remember about this sci-fi story: it is set in the distant future. The protagonist is dissatisfied with his own times and is obsessed with what is for him from a era long past—1970’s rock music.

I would have read this in the late 70s or early 80s—that is, *IF* I read it at all! I have to confess: I thought it was part of another story I was trying to remember, Palely Wanderings, and I even posted it as one of the story elements in a previous request submitted to this forum. However, It turns out in *that* story the protagonist was obsessed with 19th century poetry. But I was so sure of the 70s Rock thing that I think it might be possible that I may have mixed in this element from another story I may have read around the same time—or not!

I honestly don’t know, but it’s worth a shot—Does such a story exist? Fingers crossed.

message 2: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 4999 comments Guts was published in 1979 and set in futuristic 1996. Its protagonist falls in love with ‘50’s rock. (view spoiler)

message 3: by Nóinín (last edited Jan 13, 2020 11:16AM) (new)

Nóinín (fagurfifill) | 156 comments "1977" by Carrie Vaughn, maybe?

You can find the story over at Drabblecast

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Guts (other topics)