2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2020 > Ambers 2020 goal of 40 books

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amber (last edited Jan 29, 2020 08:34AM) (new)

Amber Prince | 71 comments Ok I start every year strong , meaning to keep tabs and every year I lose track of my posts ...LOL....main goal this year keep tabs on this post. I originally set my goal to 24 books....then I started joining challenges and upped my goal for year to 40 books.....over half of that will be to finish up series I have been working on for a few years now. Made a good dent in them last year. I also try to read 4-6 classics every year. I’m off to great start so far I’m on book number 4.
6/40

1. The 18th Abduction (Women's Murder Club, #18) by James Patterson
2. Pray for Silence (Kate Burkholder, #2) by Linda Castillo
3. The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins
4.Bill Bryson's African Diary by Bill Bryson
5.Owls Well That Ends Well by Donna Andrews
6.Whatever You Do, Don't Run: True Tales of a Botswana Safari Guide by Peter Allison
7.Twisted Twenty-Six by Janet Evanovich
8.Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel
9. The Mustangers by Andrew J. Fenady

message 2: by Amber (last edited Jan 20, 2020 03:37PM) (new)

Amber Prince | 71 comments Ok had been updating by editing only and was trying to figure out how/ where to post updates....think I figured it out now 😀 so from now on I will post an update as well as edit first post and hope I keep up with it better this year....right now I’ve read 5 of 40 goal....currently reading
Twisted Twenty-Six byJanet Evanovich
Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel
Normal People by Sally Rooney
Whatever You Do, Don't Run: True Tales of a Botswana Safari Guide by Peter Allison

message 3: by Amber (last edited Jan 22, 2020 01:01PM) (new)

Amber Prince | 71 comments Finished# 7 for year
Whatever You Do, Don't Run: True Tales of a Botswana Safari Guide byPeter Allison
I give this book 5 stars.....while it wasn’t what I expected(story of a safari start to finish) I enjoyed the authors stories of some of his antics while he was an African safari guide. I will be looking for his other 2 books
How to Walk a Puma: And Other Things I Learned While Stumbling through South America and
Don't Look Behind You! A Safari Guide's Encounters with Ravenous Lions, Stampeding Elephants, and Lovesick Rhinos

message 4: by Amber (new)

Amber Prince | 71 comments I am on a roll...
#7 for year
Twisted Twenty-Six by Janet Evanovich 5 stars
As with all the Stephanie plum books I absolutely loved this one. All my fav characters....grandma,lulu,ranger....love the stories evanovich winds around these everyday characters.....can’t wait for release of next one in fall of 2020 .....Fortune and Glory

message 5: by Amber (new)

Amber Prince | 71 comments Finished #8
Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel 5 stars
I loved this post flu apocalyptic story. The way the story was told I didn’t care for the bouncing back and forth past to present to further past and back again. It was kind of scary reading this as I am reading reports of all the deaths due to corona virus.

message 6: by Amber (new)

Amber Prince | 71 comments #9 in the books
The Mustangers by Andrew J. Fenady 4 stars
Nicely told story about the plight of the wild mustangs.....full of well known names throughout history of US west world.