2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2020 > Rawan's Busy 2020

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rawan (new)

Rawan Manjal (rawan_manjal) | 1 comments So I (was) consistently reading 100 books a year since 2016, but 2019 hit hard with me starting the IB and trying to focus more on school, etc. Anyways, because of that, I read a little over 80 books, most of which I didn't like/hated. I already know 2020 will be super busy. Probably the busiest I'll ever be since I'm applying to college and prepping for my IB exams and all. Butttttt with that being said, I want to read more. I loved reading, always have, so I don't see why I can't read 100 books while still focusing on school and college.

My goal is to read 100 books, but not just any short books to make it count. No. I want to read 100 books that I think I'll truly enjoy. Either by reading the synopsis and really thinking about it before starting the book, DNFign early on if I'm not feeling it, not being afraid to read a lot of audiobooks.

8 books a month isn't that hard, I don't think. As long as I make reading a priority and set aside time, I should be able to finish 2 books a week.

message 2: by oshizu, Challenges (new)

oshizu | 5404 comments Good luck with your 100-book reading goal in 2020!
Sounds like life will be busy for you this year. Maybe you can take a literature class and count all your books from that?

Wishing you the best with your college applications!