What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Skipping a Beat
This topic is about Skipping a Beat
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Romance novel about woman with successful health drink business owner husband who gets sick. Spoilers ahead. [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ashley (last edited Jan 12, 2020 05:21PM) (new)

Ashley Peterson | 3 comments I remember lots of other plot details about the book, and I think I read it 6 years ago. Husband has been less attentive to wife because of business. He ends up sick and starts to try and fix his life and the marriage. The husband spent years perfecting this drink company's recipes. There is a scene with him having the wife try all these drinks because he has tried so many he can barely taste anymore. You discover that the company got into some trouble with their bottles exploding in their factory, and he attempts to contact some of the people who were injured as a result. There is romance as the wife and he try to fix the marriage. I really liked this book and want to read more by this author if I can find it.

message 2: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Peterson | 3 comments There was a women sitting on a bench next to a hedge on the cover. *spoiler* I also remember that the husband dies at the end.

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35128 comments Mod
Ashley, do you recall the name of the drinks or the main ingredients?

Can you tell us more about the women (e.g., age, job/skills/hobbies/interests, kids, rich/poor)? How/where did the couple meet? Married long?

What's the tone - e.g., romantic, angsty, steamy/clean, funny at times, sad/somber?

What's the location (country/region/well-known city/small town)?

message 5: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Peterson | 3 comments YES! Thank you!

message 6: by Juels (new)

Juels | 2476 comments You're welcome.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Skipping a Beat (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Sarah Pekkanen (other topics)