Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Authors Books in multiple areas

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bob (new)

Bob (thebookhound) | 10 comments I’m hoping this is the best thread for my comment/request. I’m never quite certain which thread to use so my apologies if this isn’t correct. Going forward, please advise me on the best way to let you know when I come across what has been the only issue I ever come across. What is the best way to comment specifically on authors that are found in a few different places. For example, an author that has a middle initial where you’ll find their books under one location where the middle initial has a period after it, and another location where there isn’t a period or the middle initial is completely left off. If you have a link I can just copy and use each time, that would be awesome. Easy to save on my device.
With all that said, I’ve found the author Donald W. Desaulniers books in a couple of places. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time in reading this and for any help you can provide.

Best regards,
Goodreads Fan Bob H.

message 2: by Emily (new)

Emily | 13505 comments The best way is to post links to the author's pages within the body of your message. You can say "please merge these profiles" as the subject, or something similar, if you like.
The Book Issues folder is always a good folder to post in, as you have done here.
I will look at Donald's pages.

message 3: by Bob (new)

Bob (thebookhound) | 10 comments Thank you and will do!

message 4: by Emily (new)

Emily | 13505 comments I've looked at Donald's profile pages. Normally I would just move books to his Goodreads Author profile, but he has dozens of books on the extra profile. So, I have sent a request to Support for them to merge the two profiles together.