You'll love this one...!! A book club & more discussion

Children of Virtue and Vengeance (Legacy of Orïsha, #2)
This topic is about Children of Virtue and Vengeance
Buddy Reads > Children of Virtue and Vengeance - Feb 1

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anne ✨ (last edited Jan 12, 2020 06:02PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Anne ✨ Finds Joy (annefindsjoy) | 600 comments Join us for a February 1st start Buddy read of Children of Virtue and Vengeance, by Tomi Adeyemi. This book is #2 in series Legacy of Orïsha

This book meets these Twisted Trivia Challenge tasks, and there's probably more too...
8-His-Nay (#2 in series)
3-Art-nay (YA fantasy)
8-Geo-Nay (African setting/author)

Buddy Readers: Katrisa, Anne, Janice...

message 2: by Janice, Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Janice (jamasc) | 48662 comments I might join you with this one.

Katrisa | 2371 comments My hold on this one just came in too! I am having one of those times where like 5 books have come in at the same time even though the estimate was weeks apart. Ah well - there are worse thing in life than too many books to read!

message 4: by Janice, Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Janice (jamasc) | 48662 comments I bought it from Audible the other day. I'll start it when I finish my current audiobook. That should be pretty close to the 1st.

Anne ✨ Finds Joy (annefindsjoy) | 600 comments I'm going to use my Scribd audio for this one, it will be available to me on the 2nd.. so timing seems good for all of us :) I'm really looking forward to it! I sure do love the book covers in this series, I'm always staring at them!

message 6: by Janice, Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Janice (jamasc) | 48662 comments I'll be starting the book sometime today. Looks like I need to go out and shovel the driveway and sidewalk. It snowed overnight. I need to buy some wireless ear buds or headphones. I have ear buds, but it's awkward shovelling with the cords hanging down and getting in the way.

message 7: by Katrisa (last edited Feb 01, 2020 02:26PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Katrisa | 2371 comments Janice wrote: "I'll be starting the book sometime today. Looks like I need to go out and shovel the driveway and sidewalk. It snowed overnight. I need to buy some wireless ear buds or headphones. I have ear buds,..."

My wireless headphones have changed my life, lol! I have like 3 pairs on me at all times in case one runs out of batteries. My whole family knows not to start talking to me ever unless they get my attention and make me pause my book first.

message 8: by Anne ✨ (last edited Feb 01, 2020 06:27PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Anne ✨ Finds Joy (annefindsjoy) | 600 comments Janice wrote: "I'll be starting the book sometime today. Looks like I need to go out and shovel the driveway and sidewalk. It snowed overnight. I need to buy some wireless ear buds or headphones. I have ear buds,..."
Katrisa wrote: "My wireless headphones have changed my life, lol! I have like 3 pairs on me at all times in case one runs out of batteries. My whole family knows not to start talking to me ever unless they get my attention and make me pause my book first.

Yes, Janice, get some!!!! I'm with Katrisa - totally changed my life too! I got some for Christmas and it's wonderful! I can listen while I move around the house doing chores, and then get in the car and start driving(switching to car stereo)...

message 9: by Anne ✨ (last edited Feb 01, 2020 06:42PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Anne ✨ Finds Joy (annefindsjoy) | 600 comments I just downloaded the audio on Scribd, I can start tomorrow... - I have 2.5 hours left of 'Dear Edward' to finish first.

It's been a year since I read the first book, so I'm reading a summary of book 1 here, to refresh my memory : https://www.bookseriesrecaps.com/what...

message 10: by Janice, Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Janice (jamasc) | 48662 comments I finished to the end of Chapter 22. (view spoiler)

message 11: by Anne ✨ (last edited Feb 05, 2020 07:35AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Anne ✨ Finds Joy (annefindsjoy) | 600 comments Janice wrote: "[spoilers removed]"

At first I thought, wow, how'd you get to chapter 22 so fast, but now that I'm in it, I realize the chapters are really short, and it goes all the way to Chapter 92! HA! (at least that's how the audiobook breaks it out)

Anne ✨ Finds Joy (annefindsjoy) | 600 comments I'm at Chapter 21 (view spoiler)

message 13: by Janice, Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Janice (jamasc) | 48662 comments Anne ✨ wrote: "I'm at Chapter 21 [spoilers removed]"

I think (view spoiler)

message 14: by Janice, Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Janice (jamasc) | 48662 comments Chapter 23 - 41. (view spoiler)

message 15: by Anne ✨ (last edited Feb 05, 2020 07:36AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Anne ✨ Finds Joy (annefindsjoy) | 600 comments Janice wrote: "Chapter 23 - 41 [spoilers removed]"

Ch. 21 - Ch. 43

I'm enjoying this section. (view spoiler)

Katrisa | 2371 comments Ok, I should be able to start this one tomorrow!

message 17: by Janice, Moderator (last edited Feb 03, 2020 08:27PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Janice (jamasc) | 48662 comments Anne, could you edit your post (msg 15) and delete the spoilers in the quoted part of the text? Sometimes, when a person replies, the spoiler is revealed. We have to manually delete that.

message 18: by Janice, Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Janice (jamasc) | 48662 comments Chapter 42 - 59

(view spoiler)

message 19: by Anne ✨ (last edited Feb 05, 2020 07:32AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Anne ✨ Finds Joy (annefindsjoy) | 600 comments ch 43 - end

The pace picked up a lot, so I was quick to get through the back half. (view spoiler)

Katrisa | 2371 comments I am at ch 21. I agree with you both that (view spoiler)

message 21: by Janice, Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Janice (jamasc) | 48662 comments I finished the book as well. It picked up in the later half. (view spoiler)

Katrisa | 2371 comments Janice wrote: "Chapter 23 - 41. ."

I am at ch 47 (view spoiler)

Katrisa | 2371 comments I am hoping to finish tomorrow! I have parent teacher conferences from 4-7 tomorrow, but I don't have any parents signed up, so I'll probably have a fair amount of down time - though parents do inevitably show up even though they didn't sign up

message 24: by Janice, Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Janice (jamasc) | 48662 comments Katrisa wrote: "Janice wrote: "Chapter 23 - 41. ."

I am at ch 47 [spoilers removed]"

I agree, Katrisa. (view spoiler)

Katrisa | 2371 comments Finished today. (view spoiler) Now we'll have to wait who knows how long to find out what happens!

message 26: by Janice, Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Janice (jamasc) | 48662 comments Katrisa wrote: "Finished today. [spoilers removed] Now we'll have to wait who knows how long to find out what happens!"

I liked Mama Agba's comment to Amari - (view spoiler)

Anne ✨ Finds Joy (annefindsjoy) | 600 comments Janice wrote: "Katrisa wrote: "Janice wrote: "Chapter 23 - 41. ."

I am at ch 47 [spoilers removed]"

I agree, Katrisa. [spoilers removed]"

I agree too (view spoiler)