Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Page Numbering Requests > Page Count: The Holy or the Broken

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by James (new)

James Stripes | 7 comments Alan Light, The Holy or the Broken, 9781451657852 ends on page 254–the last page of the index and only one blank page between it and the cover. The data in Goodreads has the book at 288 pages.

Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂  | 4570 comments James wrote: "Alan Light, The Holy or the Broken, 9781451657852 ends on page 254–the last page of the index and only one blank page between it and the cover. The data in Goodreads has the book at 288 pages."

World Cat doesn't have a page count, so I've changed to James's count. (member with copy in hand)

message 3: by James (new)

James Stripes | 7 comments Thank you.

Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂  | 4570 comments James wrote: "Thank you."

You're welcome!

message 5: by James (new)

James Stripes | 7 comments Another book with the wrong count: AI Super-Powers: China, Silicon Valley, and the New World Order by Kai-Fu Lee 9781328546395

The index in my copy (hardback ends on 253, the last numbered page. There is an About the Author on an unnumbered 255, followed by two blank leaves. Yet, somehow, the book is listed as having 272 pages.

Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂  | 4570 comments James wrote: "Another book with the wrong count: AI Super-Powers: China, Silicon Valley, and the New World Order by Kai-Fu Lee 9781328546395

The index in my copy (hardback ends on 253, the last numbered page. T..."

Hi James World cat had this at 253, but I'm guessing they didn't count about the author. Page count changed a member with a copy in hand.(255) :)

message 7: by James (new)

James Stripes | 7 comments Thanks.

message 8: by James (new)

James Stripes | 7 comments Another error.

Philip Rucker and Carol Leonnig, A Very Stable Genius. hardcover. 9781984877499. Last page of index is 465, followed by a single blank leaf. Where does Goodreads get a page count of 480?

The consistently wrong page count in every book I read, or so it seems, has me curious. Are people making up numbers based on copies, such as ebooks, that do not have actual pages?