Hello Gorgeous Book Club discussion

January 2020 > Little Women

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angela (new)

Angela Lanter (angelalanter) | 28 comments Mod
We are reading the classic, "Little Women" by Louisa May Alcott for the month of January.

I have never read this book before, but I've seen the 90's version of the movie about 100 times. I'm very excited to dig in and hear everyone's thoughts.

message 2: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 3 comments I have read “Little Women” before and it’s definitely not my favorite of the classics. I actually prefer the sequel, “Little Men” to “Little Women.”

message 3: by Hannah-rose (new)

Hannah-rose Russell (inspiretruthblog) | 6 comments I am not the biggest Little Women fan. No matter how many times I’ve watched the movie or read the book, I just can’t wrap my mind around Jo, Laurie and Amy’s ending!! It’s a great story, but the conclusion has always infuriated me! 😝

message 4: by Angela (new)

Hannah-rose wrote: "I am not the biggest Little Women fan. No matter how many times I’ve watched the movie or read the book, I just can’t wrap my mind around Jo, Laurie and Amy’s ending!! It’s a great story, but the c..."

What part about the ending specifically?

message 5: by Angela (new)

Kelly wrote: "I have read “Little Women” before and it’s definitely not my favorite of the classics. I actually prefer the sequel, “Little Men” to “Little Women.”"

I didn't even realize that there was a, "Little Men" book!

message 6: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Solimando (amandasolimando) | 1 comments I’m so excited about this month’s book. I’ve read Little Women 13 times in my life so far. I even went to see Louisa May Alcott’a house in Massachusetts when I was a kid!

message 7: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Spencer (childoftheking1988) | 3 comments As someone with an English degree who is also an avid reader and a librarian . . . I can honestly say I have never read Little Women or even watched a film version of it. 😅 This is new territory for me! Closest I’ve gotten to experiencing it so far has been a stage production put on by some teenagers, and the sound quality was terrible, so I just had to guess what was happening the whole time.

Right. Now that the shame has been put out in the open, I can get down to reading! Love Jo so far.

message 8: by Antonia (new)

Antonia Kane (antoniakane) | 1 comments I’ve read this before, many years ago. It’s funny, I has planned to reread this year and it was the January choice. I really like it. The ‘94 version is one of my most favorite movies ever. Also, I love the Jo, Laurie, Amy, Frederick ending. ❤️

message 9: by Paige (new)

Paige Scott | 2 comments I love the 90s movie but I absolutely adored the new rendition. I thought it was even better the way they laid it out. Picked up my copy from my dads on a quick trip home and from the inscription looks like i got it for Christmas in 2000. So excited to crack this back open and sink back into this read. I probably haven’t read it since high school

message 10: by Hannah-rose (new)

Hannah-rose Russell (inspiretruthblog) | 6 comments I don’t want to give any spoilers to those who haven’t read or seen the films, but I’ll just say that to me there were better matches, in my opinion. 😝

message 11: by Tracy (new)

Tracy Meldrum | 3 comments I’ve never read the book, nor have i watched the movie. (Only because u never heard about it. Which is odd since I’m an 80s baby) BUT I’m looking forward to it ! I have no idea what it is about 😂 and i haven’t read anything from the above threads so i don’t have any spoilers in case there is some in there 😂