What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > A young boy meets a girl: they have to save the world (I think). Featuring a goldfish. Sort of Science fiction / mystery / comedy

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Philip (new)

Philip | 2 comments I read the book around 10 years ago, I can't remember the author and, obviously the title. However, despite the fairly lengthy passage of time I remember a few details.

The most notable, or at least unique aspect is that one chapter consisted of the same word being repeated over and over. Nothing else was written. I think the word was "gloop" or "glop" or something similar. It was, apparently the noise a goldfish makes.

I think the book had a white cover, with an assortment of different colours circles. Sort of a polkadot design.

As far as I recall the book was fairly short, probably no longer than 200 pages.

The gist of the story was based two young people one male , one female who are trying to "save the world" or at least stop some sort of catastrophe.

The book was funny and and written in a kind of self mocking tone.

message 2: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5099 comments Based on the cover, could it be Super Sad True Love Story?

message 3: by Philip (new)

Philip | 2 comments Rosa wrote: "Based on the cover, could it be Super Sad True Love Story?"

Unfortunately not.