Play Book Tag discussion

Flash and Bones (Temperance Brennan, #14)
This topic is about Flash and Bones
January 2020: Thriller > (Poll Ballot) Flash and Bones by Kathy Reichs

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tien (last edited Jan 11, 2020 04:22AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Tien (tiensblurb) | 720 comments ★★★½

A series I started pre-GR days which I loved, back then. I do find it a bit difficult to keep up with a series after 7 or so especially since it's usually around about then that the protagonist's relationship sours and falls apart. It took slightly longer for this series but I can see that there are 4-5 years gaps between reading the last 3 books. I didn't quite remember the whys and wherefores anymore so thought I'd give this series another go since I did quite enjoy the first few.

The mystery is set around NASCAR or rather the speedway but not particularly related to it. However, the info dump was a little mystifying to me as I'd basically have no knowledge about NASCAR nor much about cars (even if I drive a manual car). I'm thinking most of her readers may not know too much either as I don't think any of previous books come close to the speedway. Hence, the info dump. The mystery was quite engaging and rather good up to the point when the murderer character was introduced because I picked him up right off the bat.

Thankfully, her personal life didn't seem to be too intrusive in this instalment though she seems to roll her eyes quite often - and therefore, so did I lol. I don't remember much of secondary characters from previous books but I'm taking a liking to this Detective Slidell character despite his obnoxious behaviour (all play acting, it seems!). And a new interesting character which may or may not feature in the next book. So, I'll have to find out...

message 2: by David (new)

David Putnam (davidputnam) | 279 comments Nice review

message 3: by Booknblues (new)

Booknblues | 5783 comments I love the first of this series and read 2 or 3 more, but then veered away. I have one on my tbr, but not sure if I will ever read it.

Tien (tiensblurb) | 720 comments David wrote: "Nice review"

Thank you for your kind words, David :)

It was late. I was tired. And I always find it difficult to review mid-series books so I felt it was just a lot of blah ha ha ha

Tien (tiensblurb) | 720 comments Booknblues wrote: "I love the first of this series and read 2 or 3 more, but then veered away. I have one on my tbr, but not sure if I will ever read it."

Sooo many series to read! Can't read them all ;p

message 6: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 7492 comments Tien wrote: "Booknblues wrote: "I love the first of this series and read 2 or 3 more, but then veered away. I have one on my tbr, but not sure if I will ever read it."

Sooo many series to read! Can't read them..."

Who says so?

message 7: by Tien (last edited Jan 12, 2020 02:14PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Tien (tiensblurb) | 720 comments LOL Joanne

I'm certainly not interested in reading all series :p