2021 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2020 > Kostas 52 books challenge

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Konstantinos (new)

Konstantinos Kontoeidis (torcap1989) Because of some personal issues , I start my reading by today .
My goal this year is 52 books .
Believe it or not last year I read only 3 books , but this year I am committed to reaching my goal. My first book is "Outliers" by Malcolm Gladwell .
I will put my progress here as the year goes and leave a few comments on each book I read.
I am all about non-fiction books and trading books from Wall Street.

message 2: by Anais (new)

Anais Gonzalez (anais_ig) | 6 comments Hi Konstantinos!
I just finished the book a couple of days ago, when you finish we can exchange impressions and opinions!

message 3: by Konstantinos (last edited Feb 09, 2020 05:35AM) (new)

Konstantinos Kontoeidis (torcap1989) 1. Outliers: The Story of Success

Hi Anais ,
Hope you are doing well.
I just finished the book.
I think its an amazing book.
I am not good at taking notes but these are some of the critical lessons I would like to highlight about this book , a) very high IQ is not necessarily primed for success , unless it has a background of help from your family and community , and especially the wealthier families turned out to be more supportive of their children than poorer families ,
b) demographics play a hugely important role for someone to be successful , many successful people are born around the same year , its not coincidence.

In different eras , people that succeeded had a powerful set of circmustances coming to them but also put huge hours on their craft (10,000+) and then what we saw is that their children became much more successful than the children from poorer families , because they passed on their lessons.

I enjoyed this book quite a bit, especially the first part even more but thats just a preference of mine.

message 4: by Konstantinos (last edited Feb 11, 2020 06:46AM) (new)

Konstantinos Kontoeidis (torcap1989) 2. Addicted to the Monkey Mind: Change the Programming That Sabotages Your Life

I loved this book.
I will probably re-read it again later in the year.
It shows us how our self-destructing beliefs mostly from our early childhood come in the way of our adulthood happiness.
It also gives ways to face them by first addressing their existence and then working on them to create a new belief system.
Very nice book.

message 5: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 11903 comments I am all about magic this year. I hope that your reading goal is your little touch of magic.
description