Imps of Goldstone Wood discussion

Read-Through > Poison Crown 2020

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Corinth (new)

Corinth | 5 comments Does anybody know if we will ever be able to read Poison Crown. I know she said she was not writing anymore Goldstone Woods books but was finishing Poison Crown and she said this years ago... I have since found her other books (under her pen name). I am itching to finish the series

message 2: by Jill (last edited Jan 11, 2020 03:48PM) (new)

Jill | 66 comments Anne Elisabeth wrote MANY thousands of words on Poison Crown, even had covers designed for two thick volumes (it grew that big), before she burned out. Trust me, author burn-out is a painful thing. She still feels terrible about leaving the series unfinished--as in heartsick--but she was forced to accept that she no longer has the inspiration to write Goldstone Wood books. Not only that, but in order to justify spending countless hours and dollars on writing and publishing books, she needed to figure out how to write some that would actually sell.

Maybe someday, if she can ever get the rights back to the first six books, she will find herself able to write them again and finish the series . . . but I'm learning to accept that it may never happen.

She has some amazing plans for many series to come under her pen name. :-) And this current one--I'm editing book five and keep getting lost in the story and forget to edit. Heh. Talk about intense!!

message 3: by Corinth (new)

Corinth | 5 comments Thank you, I was honestly was worried because when I first read them (2017) I was so sad to hear she wasn’t writing them anymore, but I do understand her having a burnout. And just wanted to know if there was a chance.

message 4: by Jill (new)

Jill | 66 comments I understand. It always warms my heart to see how readers love the Goldstone Wood books. I have loved them since her first (very rough) draft of Heartless, and I always will. I know God is still blessing people through those stories, so all her work on them was worth it.

I'm her mom, in case you don't know. :-)

message 5: by Corinth (new)

Corinth | 5 comments I had a feeling because I recognized your name. But her books have really touched me and my family and has broadened our imagination and have inspired me and my sister to write also. Let her know we are praying for her❤️

message 6: by Aeroniel (new)

Aeroniel | 3 comments I have been looking everywhere for her new series and think I may have found her pen name... Maybe:/
Since you know her pen name would you mind telling if the initials are S and M?
Just so I can be sure?

message 7: by Aeroniel (new)

Aeroniel | 3 comments S and M

message 8: by Corinth (new)

Corinth | 5 comments Yes that is her new name s and m

message 9: by Aeroniel (new)

Aeroniel | 3 comments Oh good! They sound awesome! Thanks so much <3

message 10: by Michael (new)

Michael Jones (tubalschrift) | 85 comments prayers and thanks for letting us know!

message 11: by Bess (new)

Bess | 3 comments I'm SO desperate for a book/series of the caliber of Goldstone. I loved how clean A.E. wrote. Each book is so rich and epic. I did find Morgan Busse and I'm enjoying her Ravenwood series. But that's only one series! Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you!!

Jordan (jojobooklover) | 1 comments I know! I wish she could write more of the Goldstone Wood books. She is such an amazing writer!

message 13: by Corinth (new)

Corinth | 5 comments I recommend Worlds Unseen by Rachel Starr Thompson, she writes amazing fantasy that is clean and just as imaginative and creative as The Goldstone Woods series.

message 14: by Bess (new)

Bess | 3 comments I'll look into Rachel Starr Thompson. Thanks! I just read Tara Grayce's Fierce Heart. It's steampunk fantasy. A totally new genre and author.