What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA Book with Magic Torque Necklace; black cover with gold necklace on front; read in the 90s

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Gulisane (teaaddictedbookworm) The book cover was black with a gold torque necklace. Might have been around someone's neck or alone. As far as I can remember, I read the book in the late 90s, though the book could have been older than that. The book was most likely YA but could have been JUV Fic. The only thing I can remember from the book is that the main character (young female) walks around in a field of grass, and when she is wearing the torque necklace, the grass sort of bows down to show her the way she should go. The necklace is the only thing that really sticks out to me from 20 years ago because they made a really big deal out of it.

message 2: by Mikaela (new)

Mikaela | 71 comments Dreaming the Eagle by Manda Scott has a similar torque/field scene that I read when I was younger. It’s about Boudicca - I’m not sure if it’s YA though

message 3: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Gulisane (teaaddictedbookworm) Mikaela wrote: "Dreaming the Eagle by Manda Scott has a similar torque/field scene that I read when I was younger. It’s about Boudicca - I’m not sure if it’s YA though"

I don't know if that's it, but the book sounds interesting! I'll look into it. Thanks!

message 4: by Kris (last edited Jan 18, 2020 11:48AM) (new)

Kris | 35166 comments Mod
Here's the Google Books preview of Dreaming the Eagle by Manda Scott - Mikaela's suggestion:

https://books.google.com/books?id=Pyw... There are different cover images. A list of characters and a map appear at the beginning of the book.

message 5: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Whisson | 14 comments description Power of Three by Diana Wynne Jones prominently features golden torcs (also pictured on the cover), but I don't think there are any scenes with grass showing which way to go.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Power of Three (other topics)
Dreaming the Eagle (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Manda Scott (other topics)