The Bookworm Challenge discussion

BOOK CHAT > Lincoln in the Bardo

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 195 comments Can someone explain the format to me? what is with the weird notes under every sentence like it's a cited quotation? I've read a page or 2 and can't focus because i don't know if that stuff is important or not..

message 2: by Wanda (new)

Wanda (callie4) | 200 comments If I remember correctly that is the ghosts speaking. The name of the ghost is given underneath what they say. So it is important. I really liked that book. It's different.

message 3: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 195 comments underneath one of the blurbs is "keckley, op. cit."

any idea what that means?

some of them are more obviously names, and some of them appear to be quotes from books or other publications but i dont actually know..

message 4: by Wanda (new)

Wanda (callie4) | 200 comments Elizabeth Keckley was a former slave who became an author. She knew Mary Todd Lincoln. I think the author does use quotes and puts the citation in the body of the story. I found a review that explains it. But can't copy paste on my phone. Google Keckley op cit and you should find it. I don't remember, is there a bibliography in the back of the book?

message 5: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 195 comments Oook thats good to know. Thre should be a user guide for this book lol!