The Procrastinators Book Club discussion

A Throne for Sisters (A Throne for Sisters, #1)
This topic is about A Throne for Sisters
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
★Buddy/Group Read Retirement★ > A Throne for Sisters (January 2020) Buddy Read Discussion - Faith, Nana, Aless

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ✨faith✨trust✨pixiedust✨, Main Procrastinator (last edited Jan 10, 2020 07:43PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

✨faith✨trust✨pixiedust✨ (faithm99) | 178 comments Mod
Welcome to A Throne for Sisters Buddy Read Discussion thread! This thread officially opens on January 11th and anyone can join at any time. Please keep in mind that spoilers are allowed in this thread but only up to the group's current reading place. Do not spoil the book if you've read further than the group. Any extra days can be used to catch up!

Each week we will be reading by chapters. The suggested Buddy Read discussion schedule is as follows:

Week of 1/11
January 11: Chapters 1-9

Week of 1/12
January 12: Chapters 10-18
January 13: Chapters 19-27

PARTICIPANTS:
- Faith
- Nana
- Aless

Nana Spark (thenoveltynotebook) | 36 comments Buddy Read hype!!!!

message 3: by Aless, Discord Procrastinator (new) - rated it 1 star

Aless (alesstheintrovert) | 531 comments Mod
Thank you for inviting me!

message 4: by ✨faith✨trust✨pixiedust✨, Main Procrastinator (new) - rated it 1 star

I'm starting now!

message 5: by ✨faith✨trust✨pixiedust✨, Main Procrastinator (new) - rated it 1 star

Aless: idk if Nana warned you or not haha but the book is probably gonna be bad but in a funny way, so just keep your expectations low lol

Nana Spark (thenoveltynotebook) | 36 comments @ faith:

Chapter 1 was fun, but yeah, keeping my expectations very low.

message 7: by ✨faith✨trust✨pixiedust✨, Main Procrastinator (new) - rated it 1 star

just finished chapter 9 and omg wtf (gonna copy and paste my update but also add some thoughts, I'll mark the big stuff as spoilers tho)

Wow I don't like Sophia

Also, I know Morgan Rice likes to occasionally have weirdly NSFW stuff happen, usually villains, but (view spoiler)

This book makes absolutely no sense.

Kate is fine, if a little obnoxious, and the world is sort of okay. Definitely my least favorite of Morgan Rice's work so far, even ironically. I'm glad it's short because I'm not totally sure I would want to read much more lol

Nana Spark (thenoveltynotebook) | 36 comments This is basically a Sansa and Arya fanfic.

message 9: by ✨faith✨trust✨pixiedust✨, Main Procrastinator (new) - rated it 1 star

Nana wrote: "This is basically a Sansa and Arya fanfic."

🤣 you're not wrong haha

message 10: by Nana (new) - rated it 2 stars

Nana Spark (thenoveltynotebook) | 36 comments On Chapter 10, i agree that what Sofia did was kinda fucked up but eh, it's a GOT fanfic, we've seen worse. As for Kate she's alright and hasn't really done anything yet.

The world is the basic "oppress the poor and weak to benefit the rich" kind of deal. But what i really like though is that the book gets right to the point which can't be said about all these other 1000 page YA novels.

message 11: by Aless, Discord Procrastinator (new) - rated it 1 star

Aless (alesstheintrovert) | 531 comments Mod
I am a little behind thanks to smutathon, but I plan on catching up today.

message 12: by Nana (new) - rated it 2 stars

Nana Spark (thenoveltynotebook) | 36 comments @ aless:

No prob we'll make sure to put spoiler tags in our updates.

Violet Stone (violetstone003) | 85 comments I've already read this book so I was curious what everyone else was going to think of it but yes, it's not that great. lol

message 14: by ✨faith✨trust✨pixiedust✨, Main Procrastinator (new) - rated it 1 star

@Violet haha

message 15: by Nana (new) - rated it 2 stars

Nana Spark (thenoveltynotebook) | 36 comments On Chapter 16, the originality is nonexistent but it's easy to read.

message 16: by ✨faith✨trust✨pixiedust✨, Main Procrastinator (new) - rated it 1 star

Just finished chapter 19:

(view spoiler)

I'm just waiting for something ridiculous but fun to happen. So far this is really boring for a Morgan Rice book. I expect to enjoy my trash, thanks

message 17: by Nana (new) - rated it 2 stars

Nana Spark (thenoveltynotebook) | 36 comments School kicked my butt today, will finish the book tomorrow and hopefully write a review. 😴✌

message 18: by ✨faith✨trust✨pixiedust✨, Main Procrastinator (new) - rated it 1 star

I finished it lol and it was not good hah, even for already being bad. I'm just kinda disappointed, honestly. All of the other Morgan Rice books I've read have been stupid, definitely, but with a certain quality to them that makes them feel like a rough draft of an abridged version of a kinda good story. And this just lacked that. There was no sense that it was kinda good in a weird way. It was just stupid and bad and poorly thought out from every angle.

My Goodreads rating is 1/5 but my real rating is closer to 1.5/5. I'm gonna work on my review sometime this week probably, but I have a few others I need to go through first.

message 19: by Nana (new) - rated it 2 stars

Nana Spark (thenoveltynotebook) | 36 comments Just finished and honestly, I'm not even mad. It was unoriginal and dumb but easy to read and didn't parade around like it was something it's not. Probably give it a two star but we'll see.

message 20: by Nana (new) - rated it 2 stars

Nana Spark (thenoveltynotebook) | 36 comments Yep, definitely a two star.
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.