What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA book about an unlikely high school couple. Read around 2010-2011.

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mar (new)

Mar | 2 comments So in high school, I took out a book from the library and just thought it was your typical book. But I'm feeling nostalgic for it and have been for a while now.

It's about a popular guy (his name might have been William) who is dared by his friends to date a really unpopular, ugly duckling type of girl, (her name may have been Maya) and she comes from a lower income family, and helps her mom and two younger sibling cook quite often. I remember a scene where she was making chicken soup, biscuits from the can and salad for dinner. The biggest spoiler would be about whether or not they end up together. All I remember is that she has some self confidence come in, and he starts to fall for her even though it was a dare and is worried about her finding out it was a dare. I vaguely remember something about a talent show, since the popular guy was a good singer and at some point there is a makeover scene because the popular guy enlists his older sister's help because she owns a salon and gives her a free haircut that like changes her life. Please let me know if anyone remembers! I read it in about the year 2010/2011

Its one of those books where i can remember so many odd details but have tried googling phrases for months without any results. Appreciate you reading!! Thank you!

message 3: by Mar (new)

Mar | 2 comments I took a look, but unfortunately, it is not the one I'm looking for. I appreciate the suggestion though!!