Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Stumbling Toward God: A Prodigal's Return
This topic is about Stumbling Toward God
Adding New Books > New edition with new cover and ISBN

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Margaret (new)

Margaret McGee | 6 comments My book Stumbling Toward God is out of print and rights have reverted to me. I am bringing it out in a second edition with new content and new cover, publication date Mar 11 2020. The second edition is in both print-on-demand paperback and ebook formats, each format with its own new ISBN number. When I click on the "Add an alternative cover edition" link on the book's page, I get the warning that "This will immediately create a new edition with the copied information and move the ISBN/ASIN. Are you sure?" I'm not sure what it means that the ISBN gets moved. Will I be able to enter the new ISBN numbers? Thanks!

message 2: by Emily (new)

Emily | 13187 comments You only use "alternate cover edition" if you are using the same ISBN for the new edition.

If it has a new ISBN (ASIN for Kindle) then you choose "Add a New Edition."

message 3: by Margaret (new)

Margaret McGee | 6 comments Thank you! Since the 2nd edition will appear in both paperback and ebook format, with different ISBNs, do I add it twice, once for each format?
The new edition's copyright page shows the ISBNs like this:
Print ISBN: 9781625361707
Ebook ISBN: 9781625361691

message 4: by Emily (new)

Emily | 13187 comments Each ISBN and ASIN get a different edition. Do you have non-Kindle ebooks or just Kindle? Kindle uses ASIN on Goodreads even though there is an ISBN for it.

message 5: by Margaret (new)

Margaret McGee | 6 comments It will be available for both Kindle and Nook. I'm publishing the book through the Authors Guild "Back in Print" program; it's being distributed by IPG. It has just been accepted by IPG for distribution, with a publication date of Mar 11 2020. I haven't seen an ASIN number. I want to post it on Goodreads so I can solicit early reviews.

message 6: by Emily (new)

Emily | 13187 comments Sounds good. You can post the Kindle one later.

message 7: by Margaret (new)

Margaret McGee | 6 comments Yes, good. I'll just post the paperback for now, to get something up for people to see. No one can buy it yet anyway! Then the Kindle/ebook can come later. Thanks for your help, Emily.

message 8: by Margaret (new)

Margaret McGee | 6 comments Hi -- the new addition of my book Stumbling Toward God is published now, and I've added the Kindle edition.
Currently a search on the title in GoodReads shows the first edition, with the old cover (a labyrinth). That edition is no longer in print. I'd like the 2nd edition with the new cover (path into woods) to be the primary edition displayed for the book. How can I make that happen? Thanks!

message 9: by Scott (new)

Scott | 17255 comments Go to the edition's edit page and you should see a link to make it the default.

message 10: by Margaret (new)

Margaret McGee | 6 comments Did it -- thanks, Scott!