Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Seeking betas for novelette.

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anthony (new)

Anthony (aapayson) | 5 comments Seeking feedback for a novelette. Speculative Fiction; It's a twist on the "deal with the devil" trope set in modern-day Los Angeles. It's a quick read. Thank you in advance.

Iesha (In east shade house at...) (emberblue) | 58 comments What's the genre?

message 3: by Anthony (new)

Anthony (aapayson) | 5 comments I guess it would be something close to urban fantasy? There's some comedy, demons walking the earth, a good amount of drinking, and the most exciting plot device of all, contract negotiations. There's also a subtext of trying to deal with sorrow, and there might be some uncomfortable subject matter in there.

...not sure what genre that would be.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

How many words?

message 5: by Anthony (new)

Anthony (aapayson) | 5 comments It is currently sitting at 13,858 words.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't have a problem taking a look at it.

message 7: by Anthony (new)

Anthony (aapayson) | 5 comments Tziggy wrote: "I don't have a problem taking a look at it."

Thank you very much. My email address is tpayson101@gmail.com. It's on a Google Doc so I could easily send you a link or however that's supposed to work.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

You could just copy and paste it to a PM on here.

message 9: by Anthony (new)

Anthony (aapayson) | 5 comments Tziggy wrote: "You could just copy and paste it to a PM on here."

Done. It's in three parts, hope that isn't a problem. Thank you very much for your time. I look forward to your feedback.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Got them. No problem.

message 11: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa  Woodsburrow (vwoodsburrow) | 11 comments Are you currently interested in an developmental editor?

I’m currently seeking clients to receive free services in exchange for a chapter of your edited work being displayed in my portfolio to further my experience.

If interested, please feel free to dm me here or email me at samanthaproofsandedits@gmail.com

Regards,
SR