Play Book Tag discussion

January 2020: Thriller > Case Histories - Kate Atkinson - 4 1/2 stars

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (jennywilliams88) | 731 comments Blurb: Introduces Jackson Brodie, a former police inspector and now private investigator. The plot revolves around three seemingly unconnected family tragedies – the disappearance of a three-year-old girl from a garden; the murder of a husband by his wife with an axe; and the apparently motiveless murder of a solicitor's daughter. 

Review: I enjoyed this book and will definitely be continuing the series, however it is NOT a thriller in my opinion. I'm very interested in how Jackson's character progresses, but I would have liked more showing and not telling.

As usual, I didn't get the killers and I would have liked to discover how the three 'case histories' tied into each other, as I didn't really get that aspect of the book. This may be due more to my tiredness than the actual book though!

message 2: by David (new)

David Putnam (davidputnam) | 283 comments Great review.

message 3: by Nikki (new)

Nikki | 661 comments Good to see someone else enjoying this series - I love it! (& do keep going, I liked the second one even more.)

message 4: by Susie (new)

Susie | 4488 comments I heart Kate Atkinson. I need to read the second in the series. Thanks for the reminder.