Play Book Tag discussion

January 2020: Thriller > [Poll Ballot] Dark Matter by Blake Couch - 5 stars

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Barbara M (new)

Barbara M (barbara-m) | 2221 comments The confusion I experienced reminded me of The Time Traveler's Wife but its not about time travel. Jason and his wife have a son they love and they seem to have a good relationship. He leaves the house on an errand and it kidnapped, waking up in a place he doesn't know where he does not seem to be the same person but he is known by the same name, looks the same, but people seem to think he's done things in his life that he hasn't any memory of doing.

The story is fast-paced for the most part. It gets convoluted and even scientific but I still couldn't put it down. How he came up with this concept and made it believable without being a scientist himself is a sign of his talent.

I understand that Couch is writing the screenplay and that this will be come a movie. I can see why. It received a Good Reads award for Sci-Fi and I suppose it is but I mostly read it as an thriller/adventure! I think Couch will go on my list as an author I will continue to read. I understand he has a trilogy that was made into a 2015 TV series I haven't heard about - something else to research.

message 2: by Nikki (new)

Nikki | 661 comments Glad to hear positive things about this one - it's on my list for later this month :-)

message 3: by David (new)

David Putnam (davidputnam) | 279 comments Nice review.

message 4: by Shelly (new)

Shelly | 556 comments His newest, Recursion is very good as well.

message 5: by Karin (new)

Karin | 7004 comments I'm glad you liked this. It was only 3 stars for me; I gave 4 stars to Recursion, though (Shelly linked that :) )

message 6: by Sue (new)

Sue | 1082 comments This one's on my TBR. Glad to hear such a good review.