Mount TBR 2020 discussion

Mt. Ararat (48 books) > Chelle’s Mount Beatdown

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chelle (last edited Jan 12, 2020 01:05PM) (new)

Chelle (bookishlychelle) | 5 comments I foolishly counted all the physical books I own and I now want to read down my TBR. This seems like a good motivator!

Books I’ve Read
1. Dracul by Dacre Stoker
2. I Hate Fairyland Book 1 by Skottie Young

message 2: by Elyse (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 218 comments Chelle wrote: "I foolishly counted all the physical books I own and I now want to read down my TBR. This seems like a good motivator!

Books I’ve Read
1. Dracul by Dacre Stoker"

I enjoyed this one! So much so that I bought Dracula: The Undead! And that I have not read yet. Should add it to my Mount TBR...lol

message 3: by Carla (new)

Carla B (carlamwestyahoocom) | 52 comments Well . . . how many do you have? LOL

message 4: by Chelle (new)

Chelle (bookishlychelle) | 5 comments *mumbles* 240 not including Kindle or audio books.

message 5: by Carla (new)

Carla B (carlamwestyahoocom) | 52 comments LOL ok. nothing to be embarrassed about! there are 2 things I have excess of, books and yarn (i crochet) and I refuse to be embarrassed lol, ummm ok I refuse to apologize for them but sometimes I'm embarrassed haha. I have shelved about 400 in my craft room and have approx 20-25 banana boxes in my unfinished upstairs. I just brought another box down the other night to shelve. I have realized tho that I will most likely never get them read in this lifetime! I haven't even finished a book this year :o(

message 6: by Chelle (new)

Chelle (bookishlychelle) | 5 comments I knit too. I did try crochet but since I learned to knit first I seem to have a mental block going from two/four needles to one hook. Bizarre but there you have it.
I was just a bit shocked, I knew I owned a lot of books (there’s a room with bookcases) but I didn’t realise how many were unread.

message 7: by Carol (new)

Carol (cquan01) | 89 comments Another knitter here!!! I also have a huge stash of yarn and a ton of books!!!

Ugh! Got a great coupon from B&N today!!! Can’t pass it up!😩

message 8: by Carla (new)

Carla B (carlamwestyahoocom) | 52 comments I crochet and can't seem to learn to knit. As for unread books, the majority of mine are unread. there are just a few I keep to reread there are too many books, too little time.

message 9: by Chelle (new)

Chelle (bookishlychelle) | 5 comments I just can’t help but feel like “I bought this because I wanted to read it enough to part with my own money and yet I haven’t read it so why did I buy it”

message 10: by Carla (new)

Carla B (carlamwestyahoocom) | 52 comments I get ya! I'm cheap tho lol. my library has a really good selection of audio and digital books. So I try to keep up with my authors there on audio. I don't want to actually read a book from the library lol when I have so many at home but I'll listen. I'd say my library has about 90% of what I'm looking for on new books on audio. also when going thru and deciding what to read from my TBR pile of its avail on audio I'll listen to it and choose something else to actually read. even tho I get rid of whatever I read/listen to I don't count an audio as a read book, that's just me. I only keep the rare book and get rid of all others. So th literally 1000s of books I have are mainly not read. I'm not guilty just overwhelmed sometimes lol.

message 11: by Chelle (new)

Chelle (bookishlychelle) | 5 comments I hear you on the library thing. I rejoined my library last year and around half the books I read last year were borrowed rather than bought. Nowadays I tend to only buy books when they’re part of a series I already own and love (don’t get me started on how many sequels I have to read), it’s something not immediately available or something I know I want to keep. Consequently, if I read something I bought and don’t love it then I donate it to my library, I feel better knowing that the book will have a new life where it’s going to be enjoyed and it frees up space on my shelves. But, thanks to using the library both my bank balance and my husband feel a lot better about my reading habits and it gives me the freedom to try books I might have been on the fence about.