Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Seeking beta readers for sci-fi comedy

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello Good Reads,

I have a 62k word sci-fi comedy that I'm looking to either swap or seek beta readers for.

Blurb: In the year 2036, the mad scientist, Francis A. Goddard, created an artificial intelligence named William to carry out his purpose and destroy the Earth.
This, however, isn’t a story about world destruction. It is also not a story of how William designed a simulation that would help him to decide whether or not life was even worth the time and effort that it would take for him to save what was left of humanity.
This is a story about that simulation and how William changed reality by creating a computer that could teach him about humanity and show him what a better future would have looked like had he not done such a bang-up job of utterly obliterating the present.

If there are any philosophy buffs the story deals a lot with thought experiments, absurdism, and post-modern thought. My main influences are Douglas Adams, Kurt Vonnegut, and John Kennedy Toole.

If anyone would like to help me with this please let me know.

message 2: by Tito (new)

Tito Athano (bobspringett) | 144 comments Matt wrote: "Hello Good Reads,

I have a 62k word sci-fi comedy that I'm looking to either swap or seek beta readers for.

Blurb: In the year 2036, the mad scientist, Francis A. Goddard, created an artificial i..."

Hi Matt,

This sounds fascinating! But I already have two Beta-reads lined up in front of me. I'll pester you in a week or so.

Bob (aka Tito)

message 3: by Tito (new)

Tito Athano (bobspringett) | 144 comments Matt wrote: "Hello Good Reads,

Blurb: In the year 2036, the mad scientist, Francis A. Goddard, created an artificial i..."

Hi Matt,

I've cleared the decks and ready to set stuck into yours, if I'm still wanted.

I prefer to work in Word, leaving marginal notes and larger-scale comments every fifty pages or so. I do NOT alter the base text, but leave suggestions in the margin.

bspringett@iprimus.com.au